Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
gawd...why does it take so friggin long to level up!?!? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xsgtJARHEADx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:09 am
most rpgs take half of the time!

i just might quit if i feel like it... evil  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:45 am
o.o when you feel like it =3  

zonic69

xsgtJARHEADx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:15 pm
and i hate how u lose experience when u die!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:48 pm
Thats their way of making you play longer.

the longer you play = the longer you have to look at the same boring character, which makes you want to buy NX. surprised  

Izmar

LiL_Melle

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:14 pm
well its true im only lvl 32 >.< took me like 6 or 7 months to get there sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Well depends on how you look at it I suppose. I find that the length of leveling challenging giving me something to do if I want to waste loads of time. Not to mention it kind of weeds out the people who can persevere that long from those can't work hard for something. A bit offensive in wording I suppose but thats wasn't what my intention was >.<

And on another theory is because it's a free online game. So longer you make it to level the longer the players will have to play. Meaning they'll keep their customers for quite some time. Yes there are exceptions with those who don't stay playing but taken the current trend, Maple sure has a vast amount of dedicated players.

Taiakeita Vick

miroku5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:46 am
The Maplestory's FAQ has the answer for that:

Perhaps you are not hunting efficiently or have set up your character's stats and skills poorly. Or, perhaps you are doing everything fine and the game just levels more slowly than you would like. However, please keep in mind that there is no set rule to how fast a game should allow you to level. Some games allow you to level 30 times in one day but level 30 in that game may not be as valuable as level 30 in another game such as MapleStory. We could make the max level 10000 and allow you to level 20 times a day but what would be the sense in that. Please also keep in mind that leveling is not the sole purpose of this game as community, exploring/questing, item finding/trading, and making friends all add to the MapleStory experience.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:20 pm
u just need to know the right place to train
i get abt 60% every
only abt 5hrs on ea day
im lvl 45 right now 3nodding  

helenHAMTARO_

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight…

Are you sure it isn't because you don't actually enjoy training. If you find trainings long, it's sure it kills your motivation.

Maybe I can lend you my secrets. I have characters of all classes. O; Whenever I get bored of one, I change my character and go back on the previous one to avoid boredom.

It feels so right
To
night…

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:42 pm
Dude, you have to:

a) Know the right place to train. I get about 30%/hour and I'm level 53.
b) Know how to build your character properly. If you don't your character will only go so far.
c) Find some good music to listen to while training. It helps.

Leveling is quite easy actually just gotta know what to do. You could always Pq, and do quests to distract you from the hardcore training as well.

Tsai Mule

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:25 am
Training in this game is boring.

Its only grind.

Then again, this game isn't all about leveling up.

Make friends, level over time with friends, and things will go by faster.

I agree leveling sucks, but if it wasn't for my friends, I would quit...

Well, that's what I would say if I didn't quit.

The game isn't really that fun.

It has a lot of downsides, and just adding new places isn't very fun.

Sure, the game is fun for awhile, but eventually you will get bored.

MMO's repeat, as there is no end.

You go on forever and ever, never attaining anything, thus, no reason to continue playing.

What motivates people is their goals, and some users find having their own goal a ton better then having the game set a goal for you.

I only managed level 55 in about a year and a half worth of time.

This game is all grind, and when you die, you lose about 5%, and that can mean like, an hour or more of training.

If you cannot deal with the grind now, quitting is the best option for you, as it will only get harder.

That is how all games are.

They get harder as you progress.

What would a game be if it was the same easy crap all the way throughout?

Elmos Letter Adventure?

= /

I realize I am mainly talking about downsides, and I haven't used plenty of logic, but I'm tired, and blah.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:23 am
Izmar
Thats their way of making you play longer.

the longer you play = the longer you have to look at the same boring character, which makes you want to buy NX. surprised

What about before the Cash Shop came out?  

TaerkDS
Captain

Raidensleader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:37 am
It's not really hard actually I'am a 71 ranger somtimes I go to FoG and about 20% and hr and I go to Squids with my friend but of course I use pineapple chews but still I get about 40% an hr there but thats cause its 900 exp easy so... you just have to know where to train. Your probably a sucky grinder or lvler at that you need to learn how to att them right where to att them from stuff like that  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:18 pm
Maplestory[mey-puhl-stohr-ee]noun.
An addicting MMORPG(Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) that takes freakin' long to level up.

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:26 am
@D i v i n i t y.. ROFLMAO

It doesn't really take long to level..
But it does depends on your training rate >.>