Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
losing weight at home???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hi
  hi
View Results

Jen_wow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:54 am
i didnt see anypost about this so sorry if there was i just didnt see it...

ok my mom cooks,but at times they arent the best for me to lose weight.....so its hard to keep the cal count.
and she wont let me work out at the gym because she isnt home she doesnt get home till 6:30-7 pm and by then im just like i dont wanna..

so what are things i can do i know typing burns something but i want things that i can do .i cant go outside so if there are any activities or work outs i can do in my home please tell me

btw im 15  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:26 pm
Talk to your mom about recording everything she puts in the food, that way you can more easily record the calories you're taking in. Also, does she know you're trying to be healthier? If you just talk to her, I'm sure she won't just refuse you a healthier diet. She might join you, you never know. x3

As for exercise, ever consider starting a collection of exercise videos? x3

And, if you don't mind my asking, why can't you go outside?

StilettoReject

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:27 am
It doesn't matter why she can't go outside, and maybe the reason is personal.

Xkagamix, here are my suggestions.

1. Exercise video. Windsor Pilates might be a really good start for you, or if you can find it, the Callanetics video. That one came out in the mid-80s, but the exercises are still great. I hear that Yoga Booty Ballet is wonderful as well.

2. Situps, pushups, jumping jacks, and other calisthenics.

3. Dance Dance Revolution. I've got a friend who's lost 120 pounds with that.

4. Lift weights. You don't need "official" barbells and dumbells for that. Just lift cans of soup, or milk jugs, or maybe a side-table.

5. Buy one of those little "cycle anywhere" thingies. It's essentially just bike pedals on a stationary frame. They're about a foot and a half high. You can stick it under your computer desk and pedal while you're on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:15 am
i cant go outside because im not allowed to do anything onless she is home i have asked her and she wont join me or help and i already asked and she wont shes not very supportive and i would like a work out video but i dont wanna go out my buy one out of no where because what if it sucks or not the best for me?

and im saving up for a DDR  

Jen_wow

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:52 pm
Divash

What the heck? I was just asking, it's not like I was trying to force it out of her. neutral

Anyway, xkagamix, I still suggest collecting some exercise videos, if your mom won't mind helping you out. DDR can help, but I can almost garantee you'll get bored with it after a while.

You can even just make up your own routine.. jog in place for a while, lift weights (cans and water bottles work fine), sit ups, etc. :]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 am
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
Divash

What the heck? I was just asking, it's not like I was trying to force it out of her. neutral

Anyway, xkagamix, I still suggest collecting some exercise videos, if your mom won't mind helping you out. DDR can help, but I can almost garantee you'll get bored with it after a while.

You can even just make up your own routine.. jog in place for a while, lift weights (cans and water bottles work fine), sit ups, etc. :]

do you know any good videos i dont wanna buy any and have them be crappy...im trying to lose weight all around.  

Jen_wow

Anhedonic Hedonist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:05 am
Divash

5. Buy one of those little "cycle anywhere" thingies. It's essentially just bike pedals on a stationary frame. They're about a foot and a half high. You can stick it under your computer desk and pedal while you're on Gaia.

eek They MAKE those?! Are they expensive? whee Mahjongg and biking at the same time... it's a dream come true!!!

... Anywho, I don't know squat about exercise videos. But if you have stairs in your house, walk up and down them. It's better for you than just a normal walk. And it is sorta fun.

And as for diet, just try not to eat anything obviously filled with calories. Like fried chicken or something swimming in butter. Happy weight loss! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:41 pm
My favorite DVD set is Yoga Booty Ballet (ybb) and my favorite DVD is the New York City Ballet video.

YBB has a LOT to offer. Right now I have about 4 DVDs, one of which has three sequences on it and the other three all have two sequences. They're mostly dance and yoga, but each sequence that involves dance is a different form of dance (hip hop, burlesque, latin, etc.) and they have a lot of toning/sculpting and weight training. :]

And the NYCB video is just fun and really quite relaxing. The workout's on the taxing side, but it's sooo so worth it. :]

And, when it comes to workout videos, they're all going to be cheesy and goofy in their own respects. x3

StilettoReject

Jen_wow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:02 pm
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
My favorite DVD set is Yoga Booty Ballet (ybb) and my favorite DVD is the New York City Ballet video.

YBB has a LOT to offer. Right now I have about 4 DVDs, one of which has three sequences on it and the other three all have two sequences. They're mostly dance and yoga, but each sequence that involves dance is a different form of dance (hip hop, burlesque, latin, etc.) and they have a lot of toning/sculpting and weight training. :]

And the NYCB video is just fun and really quite relaxing. The workout's on the taxing side, but it's sooo so worth it. :]

And, when it comes to workout videos, they're all going to be cheesy and goofy in their own respects. x3

thanks im going to look into that...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:15 pm
i'm doing the ddr challege, started as a joke but i've lost 10lbs so far. and it's just my first week.  

Soi Tsuba

Keren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:34 am
Ah, the DDR challenge. I totally wish I could do that. I try to wait until my downstairs neighbor isn't home though. rofl  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games