Reply Tv Station (Games & Anime)
Catching Legendary Pokemon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bluetricity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:57 pm
What's the best way to catch a legendary Pokemon if you don't have a Masterball?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:09 pm

you buy a dozen load of ultra balls or timer balls.
bring a pokemon who has a high level and another one who has a low level.
make sure they have status moves.
//sleep, paralyze, etc//
Use the high leveld pokemon to weaken it then use the low leveled one to make the life a low as can be.
use sleep on the pokemon.
then use your dozen load of ultra balls and timer balls.
The longer the game,
the more chance of catching it with the timer balls.

Impface

OG Power

-_drgn-_-whspr_-

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Yep! and if it's a pokemon like Mesprit, use False swipe everytime you run into it, so it wont faint on you

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:47 pm
not bad, but with the new games, i tend to like dusk and quick balls the best  

Neppeta

Beloved Fairy

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

The Traveling Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:00 pm
Bring about three strong pokemon. One who knows False Swipeone who who knows Sa sleep-enducing move, and one who can "endure". After he's down to his last bit of life, put him to sleep, then use Dusk, Ultra, and Timer balls.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:12 pm
Ok this is what u do ... If its not a Flee away pokemon and u dont have enough to buy billions of pokeballs u save the game infront of the pokemon and u keep trying again learn its weakness and ull get it if u keep trying and i think tapping the a and b button repteatly helps lol for the pokemon who flee use a pokemon with like trap or knos the move mean eye and use ur pokeball there and hopes its enough  

Holybug
Vice Captain

Sparkly Demigod

bluetricity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:03 pm
Awesome! I'll try them out. But my friend keeps gets pissed everytime I hold or hit the buttons when catching them. Lol biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:59 pm
just throw a pokeball
for me they get caught
exept for mesprit or creselia  

aquis5

Generous Seeker

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200

habitualParadoxifier

Interesting Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:16 am
Catching Mespirit is a pain... I always use quick attack with a low level pokemon every time... it works!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:55 pm
well your stragety for mespirit is good but how would you handle heatran and giratina cause i am trying for those but no luck any advice on that, and for me i am using the tv station that gives you a lotto ticket to get a masterball after i used my that i got for free  

Cheshire Lee Kat

Dangerous Lunatic

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:09 pm
For the ones that flee, I use Mean Look to keep them there, then catch them like any other legendary. But you have to be chasing it, otherwise you probably won't have a Pokemon with Mean Look out first. I use my Umbreon.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:38 am
How to catch legendaries:

Depending on the legendaries level and power I use different tactics:

Lower level legendaries such as Dialga and Palkia I hit them until they are in yellow, then I start chucking ultra balls. I caught Dialga on the fourth Ultra Ball.

If I meet a legendary at night or in a cave, nothing beats Dusk Balls as they have a higher catch rate than Ultra Balls.

Occassionally it is worth trying to throw a quickball in the first round. This is how I caught Azelf. I actually didn't think it would work but it did. ^^

For running pokemon, either use a masterball when you encounter them, bring a pokemon that knows mean look, arena trap, or a Wobbuffet. Why a wobbuffet? Well, because of its innate ability (shadow tag) it is impossible to run from it. I used a wobbuffet in Emerald to catch the running Lati, and I will do the same when it is time to take on Cresselia.

For thougher legends, that doesn't run, it is important to bring them down to red, sometimes this is not possible to do with the moves you have, so always save beforehand. Then it is simply a matter of waiting until they run out of PPs and start to struggle. When that happens, wait until they are in the red, then hit them with paralysis or sleep. Then start chucking your ultra, timer, or dusk balls. This is the strategy I used agains Registeel, and the three birds from Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Always carry at least 100 ultra and dusk balls with you when you are hunting legends, and good luck. ^^  

krishnath

bluetricity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:47 am
Right. Thanks for the help!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:42 am
You're Welcome. ^^  

krishnath

Tv Station (Games & Anime)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers