Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What exactly are the beliefs of Neo-Pagans, i.e Fluffies Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NMMoriaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:05 pm
I'm an old fashioned Pagan, so what exactly are the beliefs of The Fluffies? All I'm ever told is how the moon goddess loves her daughters...that it.

WTF?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:48 pm
A fluff bunny if pretty much someone who is Willfully Ignorant. Therefore, one believes in something that flies in the face of reality or the target religious scripture in some way or another.

Common Example: A person believes that they are Wiccan after reading a book by Silver RavenWolf, (this is ignorance based on misinformation) - they are corrected and told what Wicca really is with accurate sources (Yea, WiccaFaq, which also includes BunnyFaq) and still insist, either due to shock or pride or whatever, that they are Wiccan, regardless of not meeting the qualifiers.
Wiccan wannabes are of course not the only example of Fluff Bunnies, but it's a common one.

Also, NeoPagans aren't necessarily Fluffs.
Pretty sure I'm considered a Neopagan.  

Elizabeth Tarion

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:04 am
I would certainly hope that not all neopagans are fluffy. Because lets face it, unless you are part of some very old family tradition, you are probably a neo-pagan (being a new-pagan).

I'm one too. It's okay.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:17 am
Go forth my minions and post my opinions for me! twisted

In addition, I know of several Moon Goddesses from different traditions that do indeed love their "daughters".  

TeaDidikai

NMMoriaki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:20 pm
Thank you. My problem is that most fluffies can't tell me what they believe in (other than, READ THIS TEEN WITCH BOOK!), an example of this is when a friend dragged me to Pagan Pride day and I started asking around about the faiths...no one could tell me anything....*sigh* it made me sad  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:04 pm
NMMoriaki
Thank you. My problem is that most fluffies can't tell me what they believe in (other than, READ THIS TEEN WITCH BOOK!), an example of this is when a friend dragged me to Pagan Pride day and I started asking around about the faiths...no one could tell me anything....*sigh* it made me sad

I can understand that kind of thing.

It must be interesting for you to be raised in a generation where there are starting to be people born into Recon-Faith households.

Neo-Paganism, like Paganism isn't a religion, it's an umbrella term. So to those ends, there isn't a universal answer.  

TeaDidikai

NMMoriaki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:53 pm
Ah, but still, I'd like more than the blanket line of "The Moon Goddess is all that is and she loves her Daughters" from 90% of the Fluffies I've met. That, and "REad Teen Witch"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:38 pm
NMMoriaki

Pagan Pride Day bothers me for that very reason. I really want to get together a local group of Hellenists and do at least one workshop on something that isn't JUST "white light and love"  

EternalHearts

Daven Moto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:02 pm
Well, understand that most fluffies don't know what they believe in either.

Basically take any misconception that has been taught in Silver RavingFluff or Raven Grimassi or AJ Drew (with a huge dash of Scott Cunningham) and mix it together with any spirituality from ANY other religion, take away sense and common courtesy and resason, add in hypocracy and egotism along with sheeple behavior, and you probably have a fluffie.

Typically they don't study their own beliefs
They are afraid to look at and challenge their beliefs
They blindy assert anything they have been taught despite evidence
They get defensive then hostile toward anyone who questions their beliefs
They don't do research
They parrot what they have heard
They are cultish followers.

I put up a huge article on my site ( http://davensjournal.com ) mocking fluffies, but it's actually been cited as a really good resource to see if you are a fluffy or not. I can't remember the URL right now, and I'm in class, but if you search for Fluffy bunny, you will probably find it.

Oh, wait, the name of the article is "What Makes a Fluffy Bunny". So the url is probably http://davensjournal.com/WMaF.xhtml Try that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:52 pm
EternalHearts
NMMoriaki

Pagan Pride Day bothers me for that very reason. I really want to get together a local group of Hellenists and do at least one workshop on something that isn't JUST "white light and love"

At least you have a local group of Hellenists... smile  

maenad nuri
Captain

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:01 pm
Daven Moto

Oh, wait, the name of the article is "What Makes a Fluffy Bunny". So the url is probably http://davensjournal.com/WMaF.xhtml Try that.
Actually, while there are a few good points, the insulting tone you take with folks who practice forms of non-trad witchcraft and your assertion that Christendom is a religion of sheep makes it not worth reading for the good points.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:43 pm
Oh my gods! Daven! When did you show up here? I didn't even know you were on Gaia. XD  

Darin Rosewood

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:11 am
Darin Rosewood
Oh my gods! Daven! When did you show up here? I didn't even know you were on Gaia. XD
Gaia looks line Nov '06. Rehab guild on June of '07.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:14 pm
EternalHearts
NMMoriaki

Lolz, my thoughts exactly.  

NMMoriaki

Daven Moto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:11 pm
Darin Rosewood

I created my account to keep an eye on my daughter back in November. I've been actively playing for about a month and a half. Enough to see two sets of sealed envelopes.... LOL  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff