Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Other Books! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who likes books!?
  I do!!!
  Nope, just Harry Potter..cause it's so cool!!!
  Eww...books!!!!
  Manditory Poll Whore Option...
View Results

Super Cy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:27 am
Now that the wonderful Harry Potter Seires has come to an end... crying What other books do you plan on reading?

I am in luck this year because Harry Potter came out in July, Eclipse (next in the Twilight series) comes out on Aug. 7th, and The next book in my Black Dagger Brotherhood comes out in Oct. But between Aug. and Oct. I have nothing to read...*Sniff* crying ...accept manga...

So really I'm wondering what other Harry Potter fans like to read so i can read more!!
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:59 am
...So everyones life revolves around Harry Potter then?? Wow...i'm not in as deep as everyone thinks....lol ninja  

Super Cy

Raven of Silent Death

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:41 pm
Well, I read Tamora Pierce, so I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in her newest series. I also read paranormal romances, Stephen King, I'm planning on re-reading Tolkien's work.

My lovely neighbore has recently clued me into the fact that someone is now writing novels based on the tv show Supernatural, so I'm also waiting to track down those.

I read Eragon.

There are a few other random books as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:28 am
the supernatural novel is already out, and i can't bring my self to read Eragon yet when it seems like the third book will never come out. but i am in the same boat with the paranormal romance stuff...know anything good?? ninja  

Super Cy

BloomingCyanide

Feline Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:33 pm
I'm waiting for until I can find the next 6 books of Sons of The Dark series.
I also want to read the Daughters of the Moon series.
They're good series.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:44 am
Two syllables; greatest playwright ever:

SHAKESPEARE.
I luff my Will.  

Yoriq the Gloomy Jester

Super Cy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:19 pm
Yoriq the Gloomy Jester
Two syllables; greatest playwright ever:

SHAKESPEARE.
I luff my Will.

Been there, done that and yes he is the best. I love Hamlet and Taming of the Shrew the best. Which reminds me, Shakespeare in the Park should be coming soon....*googles it* AWW!!! IT WAS TODAY!!! *sniff* I'm gonna go cry now... ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:13 pm
The Blood Jewels Trilogy...They have to be the most amazing books i've read...They were extreamly well written. Though they are a tad bit on the mature side. I absolutly adored them, and I plan to re-read them soon as I finish up with The Golden Compass.  

Madam Hare

Raven of Silent Death

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:44 pm
Super_Cy
the supernatural novel is already out, and i can't bring my self to read Eragon yet when it seems like the third book will never come out. but i am in the same boat with the paranormal romance stuff...know anything good?? ninja

Yeah, lol, I saw that. I bought the Supernatural book Nevermore at the bookstore. I love it. Know of any more that are out?

ROFL! Mary (or it could be Marie) Janice Davidson is a good one. Dirk's Bane and Dead and Loving It are good books of hers. Then there's Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:06 am
Well, I'm reading Crime and Punishment for school, I have to finish it by next Monday.

Then I'm going to finish reading the Death Gate Cycle. I need to reread the Golden Compass Series before December because the movie is coming out.

Um, I also got this book on pirates I want to read, and then a mythology book I want to read, and oh, I got The Jungle by Upton Sinclair and I really want to read that as well. Oh, and 1984 by George Orwell, and finally, I need to find the sequels to Enders Game. I want to read those at some point in time.

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Super Cy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:03 am
....doesn't anyone read Paranormal Romance crap? Or am I alone in this boat? WOOT WOOT for Fantasy though! My b/f wants me to read the Sward of Truth books... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:35 pm
Super_Cy
....doesn't anyone read Paranormal Romance crap? Or am I alone in this boat? WOOT WOOT for Fantasy though! My b/f wants me to read the Sward of Truth books... sweatdrop

Raven of Silent Death
ROFL! Mary (or it could be Marie) Janice Davidson is a good one. Dirk's Bane and Dead and Loving It are good books of hers. Then there's Keri Arthur's Riley Jenson series.

I read them, you must have missed my post. I love Marie Janice Davidson's work, as well as Fangs for the Memories by Kathy Love. There are a few others I've read as well that I can't remember the name of. The name Webber comes to mind, though I know her work isn't that good. At least not to me confused  

Raven of Silent Death

LilMeady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:46 pm
Let's see, I'm working on some Phillipa Gregory books right now. The Queen's Fool is pretty good. Not to mention horrible historical romances. I'm horrible like that. But I'm breaking from books on the most part for a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:29 pm
I have to read The Golden Compass before that movie comes out. I'm also planning to sometime read Eragon sometime. I also want to read some of the Dark is Rising series before that movie comes out. I need to see if the next book in The Ranger's Apprentice series has come out. But right now I'm reading selected stories by Philip K. d**k. Ever seen Paycheck or The Minority Report? Yeah, he wrote those. Good stuff. Science fiction.
And if anyone's looking for some good books I'd suggest the Sabriel series. By Garth Nix, I think. The Sight (it's about wolves. Really good. I don't remember the author. It made me cry. I'd suggest this book to everyone). Uh... there's this dark angel trilogy. I don't remember the author's name though or the names of any of the characters... I just remember that the books were really good until the ending. Which sucked. And also, you people should read Timeline by Michael Crichton. Good, good book. Also has a good slash pairing. (which isn't canon, but totally could be) Marek/Chris ftw.  

Wrath Phoenix

WhiteLace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:53 pm
I'm reading Lord of the Flies and To Kill a Mockingbird for school. After that, I'll probably pick up the Diskworld series again. And I'm waiting for my shipment of We Have Always Lived in the Castle to come in. Long book title is long. x_x  
Off Topic Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff