Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 63

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

From what I heard from my friend, due to one of the biggest scandals in Japan's nowdays history being a princess giving a Yaoi book [guy x guy mangas, I think] to a child of around 5 years old for his birthday, everything related and showing homosexuality will not be tolerated in Japan anymore. So illegal to a point that even friendly gestures such as holding hands, kisses on the cheeks, arms around shoulders, etc. became crimes. So far, many have been to jail for "exposing homosexuality" in public. confused

Isn't it ridiculous? I personally blame that princess. Why did she even gave that book to an innocent child? Also, I think this story is being taken too seriously. Homosexuality shouldn't be considered a crime. Where did the human rights go then?

Please share your opinions on this.

EDIT: After informing myself, I conclude that Japan isn't that open to homosexuality. Gays and lesbians have to be careful when in public. "Normal" people are sensitive to that subject and are ready to react whenever they see a situation disturbing their over heterosexual minds [it's why people actuallyhad to go to jail for get tickets]. So, homosexuality is indirectly banished by Japanese citizens. Result: The rumor isn't true, but isn't fake as well.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:51 am
that really is astonishing news, is it really true? I don't see any country having the capability to banish homosexuality / make it illegal anyway. I agree with you about the princess giving that sort of book to a child, but that doesn't mean the child is going to turn homosexual all of a sudden you know? i don't know why the government would even blame a book for people turning homosexual. Anyway, I think this is just a rumor, but keep us updated about the issue!  

azngurlmuimui

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

metamonkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:19 am
well the "older" Japanese people were never really accepting people. they're too proud to admit that there might be something wrong in their country. in their history books and museums, they've erased many traces of their loss in WWII yet they praise the war heroes. what im trying to say is that they just dont want any scars on their country so that their future generations will always see their nation with pride.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:34 pm
Omg...wat a stupid GIRL!!!!why would she give a 5 year old a freaken Yaoi bok???but it is true that people are taking it too seriously and DAMN freaken old asians and their stupid pride!!!its like they always want everything perfect like how they want it to be.well, i its really true i would like to know that way i don't look stupid whe tell people aout it....  

Rekindled Spirit

xMissMacabre

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:15 pm
i'm surprised to hear that happening in japan, actually. it seems that they have a lot of freedom over there.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:07 pm
thats awesome

I kid, its against free will although I dont like the idea of yoai...except for Yuri : D  

Miyavi San

Michie`s Flips Inc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:51 pm
It sounded like the Princess did that on purpose. Traya is living in Japan right now and she's married Homosexually. Are they gonna kick out any Homosexuals that appear in Japan?

Where did Yaoi and Yuri come from? I thought all this time it came from Japan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:34 pm
its accually kind of funny  

AznTrix

Inkieee!
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:43 pm
What the heck, that princess. D: That was just stupid of her, yeah, to bring that to a little boy. Maybe a publicity thing? Still, everyone shouldn't have to pay for her mistakes. -___-; Homosexuality isn't a crime at all. Homosexuals are people & should be allowed to show how they feel for their partners in public, just like straight people. gaah D:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:52 am
metamonkey
well the "older" Japanese people were never really accepting people. they're too proud to admit that there might be something wrong in their country. in their history books and museums, they've erased many traces of their loss in WWII yet they praise the war heroes. what im trying to say is that they just dont want any scars on their country so that their future generations will always see their nation with pride.

I have a lot to say in regards to this but I'll try to refrain. Anyway, yes, older people in general are more traditional. Many times, it's the older people who tend to feel more rigid in their ways of thinking. To me, it's kind of understandable, since they come from a different time when things were more traditional and a lot of the world's changing has occurred in the last few decades. My main issue is that I hope the older people don't discriminate, but that's for a different thread.

As far as it being a Japanese thing, actually a lot of other cultures are pretty closed-minded when it comes to homosexuality. I'm not quite sure about the "laws" against it, since I haven't looked it up, but I'm sure it's more than just Japan that's feeling concerned with the issue. The U.S. is one of the more liberal countries (and even at that, it's not especially liberal) so it's always a shock to hear other countries feeling so worried about sexual orientation.

As far as homosexuality being "outlawed" from what I've researched, I haven't found anything concrete saying that it has, in fact, been outlawed. As in the U.S. people in Japan tend to be careful when displaying or openly admitting homosexuality, but it sounds as though Japan is pretty liberal in regards to it. Depending on how recent this issue is, it might not be online yet, but I'd think that if there was such a "disdain" for it in Japan, it would have made it online somewhere already. Also, keep in mind that what occurs in a one area of a country doesn't necessarily resonate throughout the entire country.

References:
Homosexuality in Japan
Homosexual Rights in Japan

Moon Light Ninja, do you have a link to a valid article or site with this information? I tried Google-ing it, and didn't get anything. Like azngurlmuimui said, it sounds as though it's a rumor, but maybe you have a link or something; I couldn't find anything.
neutral  

Fuku Taichou

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:58 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

I don't think it's a rumor. My friend isn't the kind of person to believe in something that she isn't sure of. That new may be too reccent for Wikipedia to have any information about it. Or else, there are possibilities that the law only applies for certain regions of Japan.

I'll make sure to gain more information about this.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:09 am
Fuku Taichou
metamonkey

I have a lot to say in regards to this but I'll try to refrain. Anyway, yes, older people in general are more traditional. Many times, it's the older people who tend to feel more rigid in their ways of thinking. To me, it's kind of understandable, since they come from a different time when things were more traditional and a lot of the world's changing has occurred in the last few decades. My main issue is that I hope the older people don't discriminate, but that's for a different thread.

As far as it being a Japanese thing, actually a lot of other cultures are pretty closed-minded when it comes to homosexuality. I'm not quite sure about the "laws" against it, since I haven't looked it up, but I'm sure it's more than just Japan that's feeling concerned with the issue. The U.S. is one of the more liberal countries (and even at that, it's not especially liberal) so it's always a shock to hear other countries feeling so worried about sexual orientation.

As far as homosexuality being "outlawed" from what I've researched, I haven't found anything concrete saying that it has, in fact, been outlawed. As in the U.S. people in Japan tend to be careful when displaying or openly admitting homosexuality, but it sounds as though Japan is pretty liberal in regards to it. Depending on how recent this issue is, it might not be online yet, but I'd think that if there was such a "disdain" for it in Japan, it would have made it online somewhere already. Also, keep in mind that what occurs in a one area of a country doesn't necessarily resonate throughout the entire country.

References:
Homosexuality in Japan
Homosexual Rights in Japan

Moon Light Ninja, do you have a link to a valid article or site with this information? I tried Google-ing it, and didn't get anything. Like azngurlmuimui said, it sounds as though it's a rumor, but maybe you have a link or something; I couldn't find anything.
neutral

I dont think they will ban homosexuality from Japan.  

Shiro Ryukenden

Indob0i

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:35 am
wow... is that really true? i would be suprised if it is burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:44 am
if the princess gave it to the boy, obviously he knew what it was. maybe he asked for it for his birthday.

and Japan knows better. Yoai is part of who they are.  

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:47 am
Wow this is seriously stupid of them. They are taking away the freedoms of a individual. I personally work with a gay guy at Save on Foods.... Hes a really nice guy. Not all gay people are bad.

And giving a kid a Yoai book is just weird... the boy was probably like "wtf is this?"  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff