Demon In My View

Shattered Mirror

Midnight Predator

-above is all one series-

Hawksong

SnakeCharm

-another series-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:19 pm
I've read all her books, except Snakecharm. Her vampire books I don't count so much as a series. They're not related all that much. I'd really like to know what happens to the characters after the books. Midnight Predator is my favorite book by her. Though I have slight issues with how she portrays vampires, that I just recently developed. I prefer vampires that have actual weaknesses. Like, say, sunlight. Her vampires kill all the myths. They can go out in sunlight, they don't die when dunked in water (though I've yet to see an author who really gives them that particular weakness, holy water aside), religious icons don't bother them, and garlic doesn't hurt them. So they're basically super-strong, super-fast humans with better senses and healing abilities, that drink blood. They're not bad books, though. I still like them, and her as a writer. I'd just prefer that her vampires had a few more weaknesses, other than weapons wielded against them. But her characters are good characters.  

NightIntent
Captain

LHL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:22 pm
Okay, so Shattered Mirror is my fav novel ever! It's the book with the highest read pages in a night. I stayed up to read it and read some parts twice. I really do love her works. I actually borrowed it from NI, and kept it for... was it two months when I read it in three days? Anyway, I've read that, Demon In My View, and Midnight Predator. Didn't care much for Midnight Predator, but hey, to each there own, as they say. Well, NI's always trying to get me to read novels (I get bored very easily)... But these I actually got through, since I'm such a vampire lover, and they weren't 800 page books.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:25 pm
I think it was... let's see, all of April and most of March, so yeah, two months. You need to get In the Forests of the Night from the school library sometime. I promise, you'll like it just as much as Demon in my View. Or close to that much, at the least. I should read it again. I have the other ones I've read, just not that one.  

NightIntent
Captain

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:48 pm
library is the way to go. I got all the vamp books from it. I should get Hawksong, haven't read it yet....the sad thing is is that it cost 5.50 just for that skinny little book! that drives me mad domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:38 pm
NightIntent
I think it was... let's see, all of April and most of March, so yeah, two months. You need to get In the Forests of the Night from the school library sometime. I promise, you'll like it just as much as Demon in my View. Or close to that much, at the least. I should read it again. I have the other ones I've read, just not that one.
Yes yes, but that brings up my usual lazyness. When am I gonna go to the library of my own free will unless it's for an anime veiwing? Sure, I wanna read the book, but I'll forget or not go, or forget... Damn my short term memery.  

LHL

worthlesshadow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:46 pm
we all forget things. its part of being human mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:49 pm
I love her books! I've read all of them!  

Hakumei_Tenshi

Nebbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:47 pm
I've read her stuff, but it seems a bit repetitive and a tad mary-sueish. That's only because, as NightIntent said, none of her characters seem to have any real weaknesses. They're just in extreme positions that are challenging, or they have some emotional baggage.
Now, I like her stuff. It's a fun quick read. Forests of the Night was my favorite because of the way she shifted around the point of view, so in one chapter it was in first person, the next might be third person. Not many people do that, usually 'cos it's not the convention to do it. But it was new and fresh to me, so I liked it. The story lines are interesting, and the world of her characters is interesting... it just bugs me a bit that all the girl characters have similar characteristics, all the guys do too...
But overall she's fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:24 pm
NightIntent
I've read all her books, except Snakecharm. Her vampire books I don't count so much as a series. They're not related all that much. I'd really like to know what happens to the characters after the books. Midnight Predator is my favorite book by her. Though I have slight issues with how she portrays vampires, that I just recently developed. I prefer vampires that have actual weaknesses. Like, say, sunlight. Her vampires kill all the myths. They can go out in sunlight, they don't die when dunked in water (though I've yet to see an author who really gives them that particular weakness, holy water aside), religious icons don't bother them, and garlic doesn't hurt them. So they're basically super-strong, super-fast humans with better senses and healing abilities, that drink blood. They're not bad books, though. I still like them, and her as a writer. I'd just prefer that her vampires had a few more weaknesses, other than weapons wielded against them. But her characters are good characters.

She did stick to one myth...her vampires are allergic(though only slightly) to silver used as a weopon. She also kept thier strengths and abilities very close to the myths. Telepathy, shape-shifting, super-strengh, super-speed, heightened senses, and immortality(...ish. They can be killed). They do tend to have an aversion to sunlight and they portray the arrogance of the earlier aristocratic vampires.  

CelticVampChik

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:12 pm
That's still not weakness, and silver doesn't always kill them. And, yes, I know that's how myths protray vampires. But still, it's annoying when they have all the good qualities and none ofthe bad. Or few of the bad. Very few.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:42 am
One of my favorite authors 3nodding ! I must admit that I didn't enjoy Snakecharm or Falcondance (the third book in the trilogy) as much as Hawksong, but I loved Hawksong and all of her vampire books. My overall favorites of hers... *it's hard to narrow them down sweatdrop *... would be Hawksong, Midnight Predator, and Demon in My View.  

argenteuspardus

angelic5252

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:12 pm
i love her! its amazing that she began writing at such a young age. my favorite book of hers is definitley

Hawksong! i love it! i thought that the sequel, Snakecharm didn't even compare!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:56 pm
I absolutley love her! A friend gave me one of her books a couple years ago and I definetly fell in love. I think that she's a talented writer and it's amazing that she wrote in the forests of the night when she was thirteen. My favorite books by her are 1.Hawksong 2. Demon in the Night 3. Shattered Mirror. I haven't read Snakecharm yet, but soon will. I also own Demon in the night, hawksong, and in the forests of the night. If I one day met her I could die happy. ^_^ Lol, jk, but meeting her would be cool. smile  

see trees

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:48 pm
I'll admit that it's amazing that she could write like that at so young an age. But I still find much, much better vampire books.

I like the stereotypical vampire. So sue me.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff