Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
who os a better bassist cliff burton or flea?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

av74ever

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:23 pm
it is my personal opinion that cliff was a better bassist than flea.if he were still alive today he would be even better.now im not taking anything away from flea.he is probably the best bassist around today,but thats because cliff burton is dead.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:18 pm
...I have no idea who these people are. =/  

_Riyo_
Vice Captain

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:46 pm
they're two completely different styles. you can't compare them, they're too unique and flea isn't the best bassist today at all. he is just a skilled bassist who happens to have alot of mainstream success. personally i think primus has one of the best out of the mainstream guys but there are tons of funk and jazz guys that blow people like flea out of the park.

jaco pastorius
marcus miller
larry graham (the guy who invented popping and slapping)
victor wooten
les claypool
stu hamm
bootsy collins influenced flea alot i think

keep in mind, that skill and style dont always go hand and hand. while someone may be very skilled and play complicated music someone else might sound better playing a simpler riff. music is about sound to me, innovation only helps that along.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:13 pm
I would have to say Cliff Burton. Flea is good but he gets away with a lot of improve to cover his lack of musical knowlage. Also he has really toned down his playing with newer stuff & it sucks sad
& Victor Wooten wins for the best bassist of all time. NOBODY can match his groove & his solos.  

rage1331

The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff