Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Brendon -- Stage Fright? [EDIT]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree with me?
  Yes!
  Nope.
  Maybe, it's a hard to say.
  He has stage fright NOW!
View Results

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:09 pm
EDIT: I recently saw the concert footage of P!ATD in Denver, and I -slightly- changed my mind. Brendon doesn't have stage fright (or, at least not the bad kind), but I still think he could of had stage fright when P!ATD was doing their first concerts. Discuss this istead.

Okay, maybe it's just me, but I think Brendon (that's right the Brendon Urie from PATD) has low confidence when singing. Before you laugh, please hear me out! Does anyone notice how his voice randomly cracks during live proformances? Nerves? I would think so! Then, when Ryan (yes, I've seen his happen from the grace of YouTube) starts to sing with Brendon and he gets back into the game. I'm not saying Brendon is a bad singing, but he seems to have a bad case of stage fright unless he's singing with someone (which isn't bad or anything). I wanted to know what you all think, or if I'm just over thinking everything. To me Brendon just looks so nervious when singing, and then he starts to slip on the vocals, and then gets better again.
PATD RULES!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:03 am
Ya I did notice that at the concert! He's insecure. Awwwww heart Shy Boy.  

blackiewackie

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:09 am
Ha, ha, yeah! xp Glad to know I'm not just seeing things!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:51 pm
I don't think Brendon is shy. eek I don't think he has stage fright one bit. I think his voice just cracks because he is young, and takes chances by singing out of his range. Also, as a choir student I know that if you're not warmed up enough, your voice cracks like crazy on falsettos. Brendon screams a lot live, too. Trying to sing gracefully after you've just screamed with all of your might, your voice is going to be hoarse and crackly. I don't think it has anything to do with not drinking enough water, though. Brendon drinks TONS of water on stage. I think his facial expressions also show that he isnt afraid. I mean, some of those faces...I wouldnt even do them by myself in the mirror in my room! xD Plus, he's willing to act and dance, even with the pressure of playing guitar, piano, and singing on him.

PrimeRibby
Captain

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:10 pm
No, no, no, I never meant to say he was shy - he comes across as being very outgoing to me - just that he gets stage fright. But I think I get what you're saying, but does he really sing that much out of range? I take singing lessons as well, and yes my voice cracks too, but does Brendon really sing notes that high? (Though, he is a boy, and boys are usually trained to sing low range. I know I can't hit even the simplest notes down the scale, but I can go fairly high.) About the random dances and faces... well, I just think that's because he's outgoing! razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:18 pm
x_puppeteer_x_doll_x
No, no, no, I never meant to say he was shy - he comes across as being very outgoing to me - just that he gets stage fright. But I think I get what you're saying, but does he really sing that much out of range? I take singing lessons as well, and yes my voice cracks too, but does Brendon really sing notes that high? (Though, he is a boy, and boys are usually trained to sing low range. I know I can't hit even the simplest notes down the scale, but I can go fairly high.) About the random dances and faces... well, I just think that's because he's outgoing! razz

He changes a lot of the vocals when he sings live. Like, on Camisado for instance, he sings quite a few of the notes a lot higher than they actually are on the album. And "harlequin" on "Lying Is The" is also a pretty high falsetto. I think he has gotten a heck'of'a lot better, though. His range has definitely built up a lot since they first started. I havent heard him miss a high note in quite a while. 3nodding Yeah, so, I don't know. I personally don't think he has stage fright.

PrimeRibby
Captain

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:27 pm
`PrimeRib
x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

He changes a lot of the vocals when he sings live. Like, on Camisado for instance, he sings quite a few of the notes a lot higher than they actually are on the album. And "harlequin" on "Lying Is The" is also a pretty high falsetto. I think he has gotten a heck'of'a lot better, though. His range has definitely built up a lot since they first started. I havent heard him miss a high note in quite a while. 3nodding Yeah, so, I don't know. I personally don't think he has stage fright.
Point taken, that was a high note. 3nodding Yeah, you're right, he has gotten better, so I guess it doesn't really matter. But well, I still thinks he looks a little nervious! rolleyes Though, your logic makes a lot of sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:24 am
Alright everyone, I give! I recently saw the concert footage of P!ATD in Denver, and I -slightly- changed my mind. Brendon doesn't have stage fright (or, at least not the bad kind), but I still think he could of had stage fright when P!ATD was doing their first concerts. So, I was thinking we could discuss this istead! 3nodding  

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

Teh Toasted E m o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:33 am
_♥Exchanging Body Heat,,

Yes, I Think He Did Slighty At Some Of There First Concerts, But He's Got Better!

Im Watching The Karma Police By P!ATD Live At Denver..

Thats The Best I've Heard Him Sing Live!!

..In The Passenger Seat _♥

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:11 am
x_puppeteer_x_doll_x
`PrimeRib
x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

Point taken, that was a high note. 3nodding Yeah, you're right, he has gotten better, so I guess it doesn't really matter. But well, I still thinks he looks a little nervious! rolleyes Though, your logic makes a lot of sense.

sometimes loooks nervous, but also looks hyper sometimes  

tanyjames

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:51 pm
I dont think he has stage fright. Maybe he used to get nervous when they first started, or maybe now for really big performances... but I doubt he ever really has lots of stage fright. He seems really comfortable on stage and like he's just doing whatever the heck he wants when he wants to as if he couldnt care less what anybody else thought.

I think sometimes his voice craks just because it's hard to sing the stuff he sings. He hits some crazy high notes during live shows. And he's definitely gotten better. I'm always surprised that he can sing so low and so high...

and now I have to sign off gonk
I miss Gaia!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:38 pm
x_puppeteer_x_doll_x
Alright everyone, I give! I recently saw the concert footage of P!ATD in Denver, and I -slightly- changed my mind. Brendon doesn't have stage fright (or, at least not the bad kind), but I still think he could of had stage fright when P!ATD was doing their first concerts. So, I was thinking we could discuss this istead! 3nodding

Really? I actually think he looked nervous for that show in particular. Well, not really. He just didnt act like he normally acts on stage. I think it's because he knew they were filming for the DVD. On the DVD, they show them rushing to get on stage. xDD He looked sort of nervous, just because of all the cameras and being rushed.

PrimeRibby
Captain

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:03 pm
Teh Toasted E m o
_♥Exchanging Body Heat,,

Yes, I Think He Did Slighty At Some Of There First Concerts, But He's Got Better!

Im Watching The Karma Police By P!ATD Live At Denver..

Thats The Best I've Heard Him Sing Live!!

..In The Passenger Seat _♥

Listen to his "slow motion" cover. I think thats the best I've heard him sing. And that was like...way back in 2005. It's so romantic, yet so grusome at the same time.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games