Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Christendom within Paganism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai

Someday when you have the time, I would love to see it again.

Dragon_Witch_Woman
TeaDidikai
In this same theme- what are people's opinions on the Loa as tied to Saints?
Didn't that come about as West African religions blended with Catholism? I know alot of people who practice Vodun in the Carribian also consiter themselves Catholics.
Indeed.

Vodun is intresting, you have to study it by area. Does anyone kno which saints are connected with Damballah and his wife Aida-Wedo? We accually named out Ball Pythons after them.
Dan is tied with Moses and/or St. Patrick. Ayida-Weddo is harder to come by.

I find his attachment to St. Patrick some what ironic, consitering one of his symbols is the rainbow python.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:18 am
Rookherst[KOS]

Like many, I consider myself Unique. I am Christian only in that Jesus is Part (and at times Central) to my cosmology.
There are other religions that aren't Christian that hold such.

Quote:
I am Pagan, in that I do not revere, worship, or make any dealings with the God of Abraham.
And Pagans who do worship him.

Quote:

I'm considering compiling my writings and making a Pathway Thread "Rookien Gnosticism; A Modern Ancient tradition"
You should.

Dragon_Witch_Woman

I find his attachment to St. Patrick some what ironic, consitering one of his symbols is the rainbow python.
That's actually the basis for the association I believe.  

TeaDidikai

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:48 pm
Quote:

Does not compute. I am of course operating under the assumption that pagan is anyone who is a member of a non Abrahamic faith, particularly of European to Middle eastern Origins.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:55 am
Rookherst[KOS]
Quote:

Does not compute. I am of course operating under the assumption that pagan is anyone who is a member of a non Abrahamic faith, particularly of European to Middle eastern Origins.
Some soft polytheists include YHVH in the mix.

Then you come across folks who don't believe the god of Yeshua is YHVH, and they still consider Yeshua ben Yoseph to be their deity incarnate.

I've seen neo-pagan alters with Buddy Christ as the god image.
(That sig wasn't for shits and giggles folks)  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:49 pm
Rookherst[KOS]
Quote:

There was a particularly memorable entry on LJ a year or so ago (maybe more) that talked about how they invoked Jesus in their ritual. It was entertaining.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:26 pm
Nuri

There was a particularly memorable entry on LJ a year or so ago (maybe more) that talked about how they invoked Jesus in their ritual. It was entertaining.
Invoked or evoked?  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Nuri

Invoked or evoked?

I'm not sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:30 pm
Well now that I learned that, i'm gona go stab myself in the forehead with a hot iron.  

Rookherst[KOS]

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:46 pm
Nuri
TeaDidikai
Nuri

Invoked or evoked?

I'm not sure.
I'd be interested in finding out. Okay- I'd be amused, but I guess I can be amused anyway.

Rookherst[KOS]
Well now that I learned that, i'm gona go stab myself in the forehead with a hot iron.
Why's that?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:49 pm
TeaDidikai
Why's that?

Then you come across folks who don't believe the god of Yeshua is YHVH, and they still consider Yeshua ben Yoseph to be their deity incarnate.

Just like....me. stressed  

Rookherst[KOS]

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:54 pm
Rookherst[KOS]
TeaDidikai
Why's that?

And lots of other folks.

Fiddler for example.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:05 pm
TeaDidikai
Fiddlers Green
I could go into my long blast about how Christianity doesn't fit with Abrahamic faith, and how it is more propperly a Mehr inheritor, however, that is a long and done to death arguement, and I don't have the time to post it right now.
But it is one of my favorites.

Someday when you have the time, I would love to see it again.

TeaDidikai
Rookherst[KOS]
TeaDidikai
Why's that?

And lots of other folks.

Fiddler for example.

I'm not entirely convinced you didn't stage this. ninja

When I have time between work and training, I'll post it again.
I've been working on it a bit more actually... I may make it a thesis, but for what major I would never know. xd  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:38 am
Fiddlers Green

I'm not entirely convinced you didn't stage this. ninja

When I have time between work and training, I'll post it again.
I've been working on it a bit more actually... I may make it a thesis, but for what major I would never know. xd

Why is it there is a twisted emoticon, but not an angelic one? sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces