undecided
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Bookwyrme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:21 pm
Lady in the Light
I also loved her Bogart series...

Yes, those are fun--light-hearted with plenty of strange happenings to keep everyone busy.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:40 am
worthlesshadow
Awsume author, wonderul books. She has written a great series called 'The Dark is Rising' and many other books that are just great. Name your favorite books written by her, or just comment on how super an author she is. Or just post and say whatever xp

I love "The Dark is Rising"! I that series a few years ago and every time I mention it, no one knows what I'm talking about.

I've been meaning to buy and re-read that series for quite some time.  

Mystery Ceres

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Hiitachin Kaoru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:23 pm
NightIntent
Indeed they can be. Plus, I doubt the library actually has the books. They're a bit lacking in interesting fantasy books.

You can ask your librarian to get them. They actually do take requests sometimes if they have money left for new books.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:25 pm
kithlyn
NightIntent
Indeed they can be. Plus, I doubt the library actually has the books. They're a bit lacking in interesting fantasy books.

You can ask your librarian to get them. They actually do take requests sometimes if they have money left for new books.

I could, but I don't care enough right now. I have too many books that I have to read for the first time to re-read anything that I don't have right now.  

NightIntent
Captain

Janviarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:04 pm
oh i've read the series the dark is rising but my schools library doesnt have the last book....i guess i'll just have to go to a public library......when was the last time i went to one? i think like a year and a half ago..........-_- ah well......i've also read the boggart  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:38 pm
stephanie19
oh i've read the series the dark is rising but my schools library doesnt have the last book....i guess i'll just have to go to a public library......when was the last time i went to one? i think like a year and a half ago..........-_- ah well......i've also read the boggart

Then it has definitely been too long. People need to keep libraries busy & in business!

You may have to ask where the books are shelved. One of the libraries near my house has the strange habit of shelving the award-winning books in their own separate section. This is not such a terrible idea except that the catalog doesn't indicate that they are separate. Also, in some cases--as with The Dark is Rising--it splits series up.

Um. Back to Susan Cooper. I prefer her standalones to her series. Will infuriates me rather frequently in the Dark series making everyone forget this or that as it seems convenient to him. Bleh.

But the Boggart 2 were a lot of fun, and Seaward was great--very haunting.  

Bookwyrme

Variag

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:06 pm
I loved "the dark is rising"-books, but unfortunately my library had only three of them when I read them....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:45 pm
I REALLY like the Dark is Rising Sequence! It brilliant! But the end of Silver on the Tree is sad. Its a book i'll read, but i don't want to read it again. I have but i don't like the end...  

Dewin

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:25 am
Susan Cooper...huh. I haven't heard that name in a while. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:36 pm
I loved the Dark is Rising!! My library actually had the entire series, unlike most of the people's here. biggrin
I started the Bogart but I didn't like it nearly as much as The Dark is Rising, for some reason...  

Sol-chan

Wissakins

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:03 pm
For those Dark Is Rising fans, there is a new movie out on DVD now based on the first book. Its called "The Seeker." I really enjoyed it. I had no idea it was based on this book until I started watching it and went "HEY! That's The Dark is Rising!!!"

Cooper is a great author.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces