Would you like there to be?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Keyhala

Liberal Browser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:33 am
Mokusei
Being a shinigami would be a curse upon Light.
He would want to continue his Kira killings, at first he would be happy. But then it would extend his life because of writing so many names, and he would live for such a long time that he would grow sick of never being able to stop the crimes forever.

Actually, Raito COULD have become a shinigami, according to one of the rules (In rule... *checks in the rules for number* Oh yeah, from 'How to Use: VI') it is said that "If the user of the death note writes his/her name, he/she dies and become a god of death" (the rules found here)

So by writing his OWN name, he could have become a shinigami - but he did not know of it. He also had no idea that Rem couldn't kill him (even if she threathened to do so) since another rule states that no god of death except the one stalking the owner can kill him with the notebook.

The reason he didn't know this is quite simple - Ryuuku didn't tell him. If he had known, there would probably have been some changes tothe way he played out his game.

Just my thought~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:42 am
-raises hand- I have a question.

Has anyone here read all twelve volumes of the manga and watched the entire anime (if it's all out)? Because I have a question and I want someone with a good source of information.  

KTVN

Keyhala

Liberal Browser

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:38 pm
KTVN

Has anyone here read all twelve volumes of the manga and watched the entire anime (if it's all out)? Because I have a question and I want someone with a good source of information.

*raises hand* I've read the entire manga and seen the entire anime~ And some other stuff (How to Read Volume 13, seent he movies, read the novel)

So what's the question?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:45 am
Keyhala
KTVN

*raises hand* I've read the entire manga and seen the entire anime~ And some other stuff (How to Read Volume 13, seent he movies, read the novel)

So what's the question?

I'd like to help myself... thoiugh I haven't seen the whole anime [watched episodes 20-37 only] I've read all the books, seen both movies, and read a ton of info about the other stuff I havent been able to get a hold of.  

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:49 am
Keyhala
Mokusei
Being a shinigami would be a curse upon Light.
He would want to continue his Kira killings, at first he would be happy. But then it would extend his life because of writing so many names, and he would live for such a long time that he would grow sick of never being able to stop the crimes forever.

Actually, Raito COULD have become a shinigami, according to one of the rules (In rule... *checks in the rules for number* Oh yeah, from 'How to Use: VI') it is said that "If the user of the death note writes his/her name, he/she dies and become a god of death" (the rules found here)

So by writing his OWN name, he could have become a shinigami - but he did not know of it. He also had no idea that Rem couldn't kill him (even if she threathened to do so) since another rule states that no god of death except the one stalking the owner can kill him with the notebook.

The reason he didn't know this is quite simple - Ryuuku didn't tell him. If he had known, there would probably have been some changes tothe way he played out his game.

Just my thought~

Sorry to double post but...

Where exactly did you get this info? Because I'm sure that if I'd seen it beofre, I would have mentioned it or someone else would have at this point. Also, I went to check my Death Note [the best source of info I have without having to look too hard due to laziness] and I couldn't find what you mentioned. I also don't recall having read it in the offiical translations of the books [since I read them all after they were published here] or anywhere actually.

So sorry if I sound rude or something... it's just that this is someting I've never heard before so I'd like t check the validity of where you saw this or see if it's stated in any other sources to back it up.

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff