Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
[.The Mourning After.] (BOOK 7 SPOILERS!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you make it through, unspoiled?
  Yes! <3 <3
  I was told false "spoilers"! D<
  No. ;_______;
View Results

StargemKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:22 pm
The whole thing was so obvious, it seriously ruined my love of the books. Harry should have died. Good lord, he was horcrux! J.K Rowling just went and made a loop-hole. I don't really like that at all. The Snape/Lily was actually rather sweet, and it made me want to cuddle the greasy old professer.

Kreacher. That was wow. I hated that House-Elf for such a long time, it was like a blow to the sense in realizing his bounds and treatment and everything. Voldemort, well, I still love him (come on, evil, snake-like, evil, and looked better in the tux!), but he gets on my nerves now. D:

The Epiliouge made me want to bang my head against the wall. Even if Harry and Draco are on good terms, I'd rather they be not, or have been having a secret affair throughout all their marriages. I was rather fond of my happy theory, 'if they get become friends, attractions will rise. Circumstanisis and all. <3'

Well, I'll just ship their kids them. Albus Severus/Scorpious, Rose/Scorpious, James/Teddy.

But, as long as they're all masked and refusing to talk and actually be that civil, I'll be fine.

Dobby...he, he, he's not dead. -pouts- I liked the annoying house-elf. And Hedwig, that was just out of blue. That's good, makes it random and fun. <3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:13 pm
I am in deep mourning, not only has JKR sunk my ship, most of the book was fanon turned canon... which made rather a bizarre read.

My beloved snape! crying crying  

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200

Nellynae

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:20 am
I didn't even read the end, I stopped at chapter 27 and spoiled myself.
I know. I FAIL! *falls over*
Yeh, I've been in a bad mood since Saturday... the whole Remus and... Tonks thing... too much for my stomach to handle, ugh.
Sooo... that's the end. The End~.
When I look past my own opinions on everything, I think it was a good book, yes. Though it was probably about as close to an end that I would've liked to see as the Earth is close to... I dunno... Jupiter or Pluto... yeah.
When I wanna read the series over I'll probably go 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4...5.... 6? They'll never get old.
Pretty much all of my favorite ships are dead... and some of my favorite characters in general, too... in canon anyway, lol.
I love you fanfiction~ heart

Though, since I never read the end or saw them for myself, I don't know what to think of Scorpius, (older) Teddy, James, or Albus... hell, I may end up glad things ended how they did if I end up liking them, too. xD DH wasn't all bad....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:16 pm
Nellynae
I didn't even read the end, I stopped at chapter 27 and spoiled myself.
I know. I FAIL! *falls over*
Yeh, I've been in a bad mood since Saturday... the whole Remus and... Tonks thing... too much for my stomach to handle, ugh.
Sooo... that's the end. The End~.
When I look past my own opinions on everything, I think it was a good book, yes. Though it was probably about as close to an end that I would've liked to see as the Earth is close to... I dunno... Jupiter or Pluto... yeah.
When I wanna read the series over I'll probably go 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4...5.... 6? They'll never get old.
Pretty much all of my favorite ships are dead... and some of my favorite characters in general, too... in canon anyway, lol.
I love you fanfiction~ heart

Though, since I never read the end or saw them for myself, I don't know what to think of Scorpius, (older) Teddy, James, or Albus... hell, I may end up glad things ended how they did if I end up liking them, too. xD DH wasn't all bad....

You should read it even though you already know what happend.  

Grey Gardens

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ami-jou

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:47 pm
I was oaky with the book. I finished it within 24 hours of getting it from a friend. I thought some of the chapters felt rushed. Did anyone else feel that?

I was okay with the Tonks/Remus happening only because Teddy was born. But I did smile when Remus thought the marriage was a mistake. And whenever he took the pictures out of Teddy it made me laugh. lol

I heart Alubs/Scorpius. Omg. I want people to start writing fics about the two. It just seems right that they would be together if their fathers can't. And its rather funny that Ginny and Harry named all their kids after dead people. And.. wtf. Hugo? What were Ron and Hermoine on? Ron made me laugh at the ending. All in all, the Epilouge was okay for me. It just set up more pairings.

And did anyone notice the irony in the total amount of chapters (36.. if you don't count the epilouge. ) and Harry's age in the epilouge? 17 years old + 19 years later = 36 year old Harry. .... Am I the only one who noticed that? Do you think JKR meant to do that?

I'm just really sad it is over. She set up for future fics though.. xd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:28 pm
IdlersDream

You should read it even though you already know what happend.

I'm sure I will at some point... I was in a pretty bad mood that day, but I've calmed down since.... I'd probably get to it sooner than I think. o.o  

Nellynae

me_in_d_net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:42 pm
overall the book was....sufficient. it'll make a heck of a movie though 3nodding
i was not impressed with epilougue >.<
c'mon harry and ginny??? >:O i wouldn't mind luna or cho? ginny didnt really have a personality to me :/
the whole affair with snape and lily was a tear-jerker. it makes u feel sorry 4 snape...lily goes off w/ the jock >.> ugh even if snape DID apologize plenty of times.. i still think Lily should've stayed w/ Snape T.T
i did see a bit of snarry in d book >.<
same w/ L/S and D/H tehe  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:00 pm
I just got done reading it again! I cried so much when Dobby Died and when Fred died...Then Lupin and Tonks... I cried on my b/f shoulder for like and hour once I was finally done...

But I still like the name Scorpius...but then I am being bias because I am a Scorpio...That and I always wanted to name my kids after constellations (Draco and Cassiopeia are my favorite)...And I too Support a**...i can make them everything I wanted Harry/Draco to be...
ninja  

Super Cy

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:10 pm
I cried harder for every death in DH than I've ever cried about any other book!!! I think I was 40 or 50 pages in when it started and it just got worse and worse. I'm glad Dudley took his head out of his arse and had something positive to say for once. I was also glad that Percy came back into the fold-the Weasleys should always be together. It really sucked that Fred had to die...it just doesn't feel right.

As for the crackpot "fairytale" ending------what ending? There was no ending and Harry/Draco forever!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:48 pm
I was extremely happy that Severus Snape was not evil. I had this feeling that he never was evil, even after he killed Dumbledore.

Also, I absolutely didn't like the ending couples, except for Bill/Fleur. I detested the whole Remus/Tonks thing (only because I am in love with him, lol!). I mean... I just never saw him with anyone, thinking he'd be the bachleor and there for Harry. I cried a lot with the deaths of the people in DH, more so than HBP.

For the record, I hated the epilogue. I think it's cute that Harry and Ginny named their kids after Dumbledore and Harry's parents but come on! Use imagination for once! I did like Teddy, though, even if he is the product of Lupin and Tonks.  

silverwings87

General Harry Potter Discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces