Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
Shove it - A Deftones discussion thread.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:06 am

So, the Deftones, I expect you've all heard change in the house of flies at the least, if not I expect you've heard of them, if not check them out.

Well anyway, they are good... sorry thats an understatement, they are very good, coupling distorted guitars with whispering almost other worldly vocals, yet making it come across as violent, makes them very unique, speaking out to the lost generation, my generation in fact. The songs don't just appeal on the technical level, also on the emotional level, representing an unheard cry of attention, from those who never got it, the anger and frustration present at not being heard, because your 'in between' big things is very heavy on the influence here.

If you have heard Change in the house of flies, check out, songs like Mascara and My Own Summer, and you'll be surprised at the stark contrast in not only theme, but just raw emotion, if you've never heard them, I advise the album 'Around the Fur' as a very good entry point into a lost band for a lost generation.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:26 am

What's fun is that I tried to get Around the Fur (it would have been the first album of theirs I would have bought).
What's not fun is our CD store doesn't carry them and special ordering is a pain in the a**.

I between youtube and last.fm, I have heard a good deal of their music.
Last summer I remember eating leftover chinese and listening to them on youtube for several hours.

So, yes. I agree with the understatement that they are good :3

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:24 am

white pony and around the fur are my fav albums of theirs 3nodding
as for songs, my own summer, knife party, korea, change(in the house of flies), around the fur, MX, be quiet and drive(far away), etc...

i remember about a few months ago i went on an all deftones rampage just because i haven't since i was 15/16 X__x; and it was refreshing to hear them again(after 3-4 years) pirate
im actually surprised no one started a deftones thread yet hmm neutral
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:07 am

Well I finally got around to getting around the fur on CD again, after my old copy got ruined a few years back, and I forgot how good they were, which is why I made the thread.

Rellik San
Crew

Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces