Reply Artwork {Adding beauty to the world}
[Pr] Some thing i wrote awhile back

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Element is my rp name

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:33 am
Just for you guys to read a while back when the VT shootings went down i wrote the following devotion and posted it on my school blog. After reading the front page i thought i'd let you guys see it and see what you think and maybe if you ever have a great tragedy in your life you would come back to read this and it might comfort you a little bit.
Quote:
As we are going through these grievous moments I just wanted to remind you guys that we still need to be setting the example of Christ for others to follow. 1st Timothy 4:12 “12. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” We may still weep at the loss of our friends but we need to still rely on God. We can’t abandon him because he hasn’t abandoned us. Even though we may feel like we hate him or we aren’t our strongest right now but remember HE STILL LOVES US.

Not only do we still need to set the example of Christ and still trust him but we need to minister to others through this. 2nd Timothy 4:1-5 “1. And so I solemnly urge you before God and before Christ Jesus – who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom: 2. Preach the word of God. Be persistent, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. 3. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to right teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever they want to hear. 4. They will reject the truth and follow strange myths. 5. But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at bringing others to Christ. Complete the ministry God has given you” I believe that people’s hearts are really soft right now and broken. I know that our hearts are soft right now too, but this only reminds us that there might not be a tomorrow so we have to reach out to others for Christ today. Why wait, when we could do it today.

Also I send my condolences to those effected by this horrible tragedy and I am praying for you and hope you will talk to those who you trust to comfort you. If I can be of any help to any of you I can be reached at my school e-mail drjones@henrico.gaggle.net and my school blog www.gaggle.net/blogs/elemental . Please don’t be afraid to share how you feel because you’re not the only ones who are going through pain and I know myself and others will be glad to discuss anything with you to help you out, because we care about you so much. For those of you who are going through this tragedy I pray that you might find comfort in God for he comforts those who seek it. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 “3. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4. who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 6. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we share. 7. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that as you share our sufferings so you also share in our comfort.” Isaiah 66:13 “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted …” Remember God has not forgotten you in times of trouble he still knows who you are, but do you remember him is the question that will be answered. Isaiah 49:13-15 “13. Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. 14. But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me." 15. "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! “

I pray that the Christian brothers and sisters will come together during this grievous time and increase your love for one another so that you will be able to comfort those around you and not fall from your walk with God. 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 “12 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. 13 May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones “ 1 Thessalonians 5:9-11, 14-19 “ 9 For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10 He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 14 And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else. 16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire “

Today during the moment of silence and throughout today I am asking, no, I’m calling every one to be praying that God will open up a ministry at Virginia Tech, that people will be reached through this grievous occasion and for the victim’s families that God will comfort them. If u do pray for VT today, to show your support for them post a message on Rushville online and or my blog that says “I prayed for VT today.” After you type your message type your school name, then post your message. I’m sure our support will help them to minister to others.

Sincerely,
Daniel Jones
AKA
DJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:30 pm
This belongs in the writing subforum. Reply to this and I'll move it. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Element is my rp name

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:03 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
This belongs in the writing subforum. Reply to this and I'll move it. 3nodding
ok  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:18 am