Reply Advice & Academic Studies
Addiction.... to video games?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noltic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:27 am
Do you guys think that you can get addicted to video games?

My freind and i just stayed up all night and played video games.... ALL NIGHT... that means no breaks no blinking!!!!

Ya anyways... imma go over to his house tonight and chances are more than likely were gonna do the same goddamn thing.... i hope anyways... he went home for now to have a nap, but i cant sleep in the daytime, so im gonna go like 3 days without sleep.... all for the love of virtual likeness.

Do i gots me a problem or is this just kinda obsessive, i can deal with the latter.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:52 am
<3

Hmm.. if my mother would let me, I could probably stay up all night playing a game.
I'm not really sure if I'm exactly addicted, though.

Well, I get bored of things easily.
So after playing it a lot, I'll lose interest in the game for a little while. o__O
eek  

sunnyxdaze
Crew

Scrub Sauce

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:15 pm
I understand what you mean about thinking of your "addiction", but I only consider it an addiction if it affects my whole and daily life, making me lose a job or something similar. I stay up all night playin' videogames sometimes, I also can clock in 100+ in RPG's with no problem. I mean I don't find it a problem, besides, if you can get a girlfriend and/or get a job while doping great progress in either subjects, you're in the clear. Well, that's my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:51 pm
Dude your fine, I have spent bout 6 days straight on xbox live, with about 6 hours sleep and around 3 hours off to go eat and do the toilet. I am not addicted, it's just a phase your going through, don't worry. What platform you playing on. Also what games you playing?  

Drum_Master_D

chii_chan22

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:11 am
~meow~
my friend had the same problem but he hadn't had a good nights sleep in a couple of months.we took his x-box away and gave it back a week later but when he got it back he plugged it in and started playing it again but he stopped playing all night.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:46 pm
lol when you say that it reminds me of the time me and my friend oO-Buzzy-Oo pulled an all nighter playing harvest moon
...good times... good times

oO-Buggie-Oo

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:55 pm
*lol* I remember staying up till 5am playing Mario w/my cousin. Good times.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:48 am
My boyfriend did the same...well a similar thing for a couple nights. he and a friend stayed up until 3 playing Hellgate and he had to get up at 7 to go to school the next morning. I told him to get some sleep but he stayed up and watched anime the next night.
You probably do have an addiction. I love playing video games too, and when I start I don't want to stop even to use the washroom or eat supper. I love playing them. But you need to be able to set some limits so that you don't end up hurting yourself (getting no sleep, and you can hurt your eyes playing video games sometimes).

Mistreena

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:37 am
The day you need to worry is when you start getting edgey and paranoid and irritated because you're not playing video games. Any less than that, and its just something you really enjoy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:41 pm
Wow... i made this thread like months ago.

Since then ive realized that i am addicted to video games, however i also must note that my badassedness is bridled, and as such I have no problems with consuming 4Litres and up of Dr. pepper just so i can play another couple of time stopping matches of super smash bros.

Since i made this post, ive accomplished multiple feats that have blessed me with penultimate confidence in any of my massively consequential decisions.

Sure... if you spend a day drinking 8 Litres of pop and breaking boards with your fists until you bleed dr. pepper your probably gonna burn out. Though, the best part is ill remember it the next day, and be hangover free. Of course I didnt sleep that night so... ya id have to say playing video games when your hand looks like ground beef is indicative of an addiction.

Thats a true story btw,  

Noltic

Advice & Academic Studies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces