Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
From Stephen King:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:47 pm
Stephen King wrote a column for Entertainment Weekly (dot com) about Harry Potter and saying good bye. It's a really inspiring piece. You can read it here.

An excerpt:

Quote:
When it comes to Harry, part of me — a fairly large part, actually — can hardly bear to say goodbye. I'd guess that J.K. Rowling feels the same, although I'd also guess those feelings are mingled with the relief of knowing that the work is finally done, for better or worse.

And I'm a grown-up, for God's sake — a damn Muggle! Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, with its cartoon jacket and modest (500 copies) first edition. Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods — magic summers spent in the porch swing, or reading under the covers at camp with flashlights in hand, or listening to Jim Dale's recordings on long drives to see Grandma in Cincinnati or Uncle Bob in Wichita. My advice to families containing Harry Potter readers: Stock up on the Kleenex. You're gonna need it. It's all made worse by one unavoidable fact: It's not just Harry. It's time to say goodbye to the whole cast, from Moaning Myrtle to Scabbers the rat (a.k.a. Wormtail). Which leads to an interesting question — will the final volume satisfy Harry's longtime (and very devoted) readers?

So, what does everyone think?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:12 am
OMG!!! It is so true! I have been reading these books since I was in the fourth grade and it just made me realize that yea I am closing the last book to my childhood. I apprieciate the way he expressed his feelings towards the books.  

Before The Stars Sleep

6,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:03 pm
I'm nearly in tears from just reading that! I'm a month away from 18 so it hits me, really close. That and it was the only thing that kept me from becoming hateful and spiteful during my 5th and 6th grade years.(I vwas picked on alot)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:11 pm
I'll be exactly 16.5 the day Hallows comes out, so I literally grew up with the books. This one's gonna be really hard on me, I mean I cried when Ruroni Kenshin ended. I was telling my mom about the other day and she said:

"I guess [for you guys] it'll be like the Deadheads losing Jerry Garcia..."

I'm not really sure whether to laugh or cry at that statement.  

Tabatha_Twitchet

Puddinpocalypse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:44 am
I've been reading them for a fair while too. It will definatly be sad when the books stop. Knowing there won't be any more will mean that once the last page is turned-well, thats it. A sort of finality to it all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:44 pm
3 HOURS gonk  

Androgynous Dusk

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:48 pm
I've only been reading since my first public school year, 6th grade, but I still feel like crying every time I think "This is really the end, isn't it?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:31 pm
It's so true! I was so so excited the night before my eleventh birthday, so SURE I was going to get a Hogwarts letter. I was devestated when I didn't, but I still lived through Harry. And I'm a June birthday- I turned 18 mere weeks before the last book was released. So, I turned 18, had to leave High School, and THEN had to read the end of Harry Potter. I read the whole book without crying or anything emotional like that, and I even closed the book at the end and sat it down, and was fine....what got me was when I returned home on a holiday from school and had to put the book on the shelf with the others. I've never been a crier, but I sat there are cried for what felt like forever. It just can't be over....  

Nicky Cade

General Harry Potter Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff