Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
my new gaming boards ::D

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fred smiths

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:55 am
rightio my dads gettin me some gaming boards each 103cm by 56cm if theres a big battle i will put them together ^^ right so im doing a desert and a woodland. BUT i dont know what to do.

SO

can you give any ideas on what terrain to put in my boards
is it a good idea to put flock and sand on it
any good links to terrain webs?
any good terrain i can buy from GW i havnt looked for a while  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:23 pm
Well it's not very ofte that a desert joins onto a forest, so you might want to give that some more thought if you plan on joining them. I think a desert with some rock formations and a desert/urban environment, a bit like Baghdad, if you get me, then you can mix them all that way.

Sand is common, I think. You can get green roll mats as well which might be a better idea, but then you'd have to probably do away with the desert idea. Or find a way to colour it.

Look into model railway roll mats.

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Fred smiths

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:19 pm
ok i get what you mean. and it doesnt matter standing in lush forests then standing in the desert ^^ i will make it so the edges that meet will merge into each other  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:23 pm
at the moment i have a sand coloured board and a greeny grass covered board. im thinking of putting about 2 hills a river some roads that manor mabye a trench and a small bridge so vehicles can cross. the desert im gonna get some city of death stuff for it. i might add a little ruined city to it my dad when i see him again said hes gonna do paper mache ruins with me  

Fred smiths

shadowman514

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:02 pm
do you want your board to be arranged to benefit fire fights or hand to hand combat?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:41 pm
i want some close combat areas where good range orks can fight like the ork with the sniper choice. but also want areas of close combat i thinking of like a square buildings around the edge and a big area in the middle.  

Fred smiths

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:02 pm
Sandpaper.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:00 pm
Marcus McFlufferson
Sandpaper.

Handjob.

Oh wait, is this not word association?

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:01 pm
Pain.

Wait -

It isn't?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:32 am
I'm not sure if anyone has said this before, but I have found old flat wooden doors to be cheap and easy to find gaming tables. close to the right length and if you put two of them side by side there the right width usually and it makes it easy to mix and match. My favourite is in one on one, one side picks the board for the other side and vice versa.  

monkey_T

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff