Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Mogtoats' stuff [Updated: Jul 19 2010] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogtoats

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:47 am
Thanks for the redlines. smile
*sigh* that'll teach me to not framewire before drawing the lines.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:35 pm
I forgot to mention, I love your pencil drawings. 3nodding  

Badeye

Shirtless Friend

Mogtoats

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:12 pm
Thanks. smile

I think I figured out what is wrong with Raven: shading on the cape. I don't think the anatomy is THAT off. So if I changed the shading it would look better. Mhm. Haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:33 pm
What I've been up to since last time: A bunch of stuff. And began playing around with CGing, not quite there yet.

(most recent -> least recent)

It's a lot of stuff. I'll take any comment you want to give.

Note: everything I post will be Gaia-related from now. I Jekyll-and-Hyde-ed myself. XD  

Mogtoats

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:18 am
Most recent.

This is clean and while the lines are chaotic, they describe form and have a unique texture and quality.

That table drags down the image though. While it may not seem important, everything in the image is. I would say that next time, keep even the mundane things 3 dimensional. The table would just be a very short, wide cylinder, so it would have been simple to do.

Anyway, since I've been seeing your work for as long as I have, I can say that it looks like your work is maturing into your unique, workable style that can express anything you want, rather than just "trying" to express things. You're communicating things much more clearly now. It's really good.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:22 pm
Thanks for comment Errol. :3

Yes, I got a little lazy with the table. No excuses this time. XD  

Mogtoats

Mogtoats

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:03 pm
Random sketches:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:58 pm
OMG, major redline needed. Please!!!

WIP  

Mogtoats

CariRae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:27 pm
User Image

So number 1 make the arms more in line so it doesn't look so awkward. Number 2 she doesn't have a waist it looks like she is as rectangular as a man. 3. The breasts look like they are defying gravity a little and then make the bra come together in the middle more or add proper shading to make the breasts look like they are going out. 5.The neck should come out of the middle of the bottom line of the jaw not beyond the chin. 6. She looks like she is marching in that position so if you want her to look elegant move the bent leg in a bit. Her hands and feet are a little big too. and the outer edge of feet is more of a straight line than a curved one.

Other than those anatomical things, the coloring and shading is amazing. It is very pretty and u added a lot of detail. The wispiness of it looks cool.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:47 pm
Holy crap. Hello neglect.

Been MIA, off the Nets and into the real world.

Stuff since the last time:

Still have one or two unfinished drawing lying around somewhere. I'll finish those before beginning anything else. D:  

Mogtoats

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces