Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Do you think Death Note should have been longer? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Death Note should have been longer?
  Yes
  No, it was the perfect length
  No, it was to long
View Results

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:26 pm
~Chiaki_Miharu
sometimes (well okay A LOT) I wish it would've gone differently.

*begins to stare off into space*

This is how it would've gone if I had gotten controll

L wouldn't have died he would've gone into a sleep deprived coma and Light figuring he wasn't a threat in a coma pretended he was dead and kept him in his basement until he woke up 19 years later. Matt would've been protected by a giant Domo head popping out from the ground and enclosing him in his protective mouth where a hoard of fangirls lay in wait to take him to Mello where the fangirls would roundhouse kick Takada into oblivion and take away the piece of Death Note in her bra and shoot her. Then Mello would confess his love to Matt and.....(wait I'm getting off track...) Then the whole showdown would go down between Near and Light the same. They find L asleep in Lights basement as he wakes up from his coma and they live happily ever after.

Yeah I wish it would've been longer

Yes! That is PERFECT! I love the fangirl's way of thinking! [kicks Takada into oblivion several times over]

But anyway... the story in itself is the perfect length. The lack of backstory bothers me but at least they're going to try to give L somewhat of a backstory in the 3rd movie. There could also theoretically be a sequel since it is a somewhat sjhort series and there's some space for it I'd say.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:10 am
The last few episodes:
I think the scenes are a little bit quick...

Natsumei

Shy Browser

9,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Battosaika

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:53 pm
immortalhaldir
~Chiaki_Miharu

L wouldn't have died he would've gone into a sleep deprived coma and Light figuring he wasn't a threat in a coma pretended he was dead and kept him in his basement until he woke up 19 years later. Matt would've been protected by a giant Domo head popping out from the ground and enclosing him in his protective mouth where a hoard of fangirls lay in wait to take him to Mello where the fangirls would roundhouse kick Takada into oblivion and take away the piece of Death Note in her bra and shoot her. Then Mello would confess his love to Matt and.....(wait I'm getting off track...) Then the whole showdown would go down between Near and Light the same. They find L asleep in Lights basement as he wakes up from his coma and they live happily ever after.

lol. I'm all for that. 'specially the part about saving Matt. poor Matt. crying I think it got a little too long at the end. Just because all of the explanations lose a lot of people. The only reason I like the part after L is because they couldn't just leave it with Light winning.

i thought they could have left it at that.......then light would have not died crying .........but i also wish that L would have lived and won but light would not died crying ......  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:32 pm
i think that it should have been longer. but it did have a Great ending
it wasn't to long. like some other anime like naruto (i love naruto) naruto has like 200+ episodes

but i just wished that it was longer so that i could enjoy death note a little longer! crying  

hana_27

Diamond Sea Star

Dedicated Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:53 pm
I agree that it could have been longer, but I would rather figure out more about L's past...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:31 pm
Definatly cuz I either wanted Light to win or L to somehow come back. Yes I know Light winning would be kinda bad but when L, well u know..., I only admired Light. So I really thought they shoulda brought back L and made the story longer.  

--DEATH--_MIKAMI_--NOTE--

Tall-Trees-Falling

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 am
immortalhaldir
~Chiaki_Miharu

lol. I'm all for that. 'specially the part about saving Matt. poor Matt. crying I think it got a little too long at the end. Just because all of the explanations lose a lot of people. The only reason I like the part after L is because they couldn't just leave it with Light winning.

haha, I ended up drawing this into a comic xd It was fun but took forever  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:26 am
There's not a lot you can do with Death Note without drawing it out and letting it get boring. They gave it a really good length.  

P y r O C l a s T

Wheezing Gawker

3,450 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150

TheAc30fSpades

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:34 am
emo_ish_vamp123
i just hate the fact its over !! crying

Same with me :'(  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:10 pm
i wanted to see more of L crying . i was really sad when it ended so i watch the live action movies to fill the void. but they can only fill so much.  

Blizzard snowstorm

Phrensiedom

Eloquent Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:32 pm
Misuki Marishima
It was the perfect length. Otherwise, it would have just gotten stupid like other anime that tends to go on forever *coughnarutocough*

Agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:02 pm
P y r O C l a s T
There's not a lot you can do with Death Note without drawing it out and letting it get boring. They gave it a really good length.

{{{Most definately.}}}

Special Agent Odd

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers