Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miki Hikari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:20 pm
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:02 pm
Reserved  

Miki Hikari

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:40 pm
Okkay. lol. ((I feel obliged to crit because I'm asking for crit... but I feel that I'll probably be a sucky crit too...-sighs-))

Okay, the ear on the left looks a bit weird. You have the same problem that I do... XD Ears are supposed to go backwards and thus if it does show I don't think it should be that wide, because even the ear on the right isn't that wide. Unless, of coursee, you are planning for the ear to stick out from the side of head like, straight? Secondly, the shoulder on the right to the elbow looks like a really uncomfortable/unnatural position... I feel like it's going to pop out of the joint any second. >.< I don't really know how to fix it... possibly lower it and make it more rounded? The pinky on that hand looks a little wacky too.

Then the lightning on the arm on the left doesn't follow anatomical structure... I'm not sure how to explain this... But as of right now it looks like her upper arm bends forward instead of backwards. Annnd then her hip is a bit too high on the left. ((oh btw, left means I'm looking at it, and it's on the left...)) Okay, 'west' hip is a bit too high if the dress is indeed following her body's curve.

Otherwise the lightning's good and such and such. >.< I wish I had that sense when I color lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:35 pm
Thanks, I noticed too that the arm looked weird but wow I didn't notice how weird that ear look till I really looked at it. I'll work on it more, thanks!  

Miki Hikari

Faithom
Artist

Heckler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:30 pm
Well, hmmm, I think a normal starts at the same level of the corner of you eye, I think that's why I said it looked weird lol. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:20 am
Thanks for the help guys, now anyone wanna take a look at this? I know its just a big head but ya know, I could still use the help.  

Miki Hikari

Sriean

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:38 pm
hmm...Well o-o; To me, its a nice picture. The style calls for it to not be completely detailed, but something is throwing me off about the hair on this of the head, I think its because of the way you have the strands falling down. The strands seem to be in a organized order but its suppose to be messing and out of place.
Down on the bottom the shoulder closes to us doesn't seem to be much of a shoulder and is sinking lower then the other shoulder. You need to make it bigger because its closest to the veiwer.

Personally i'm not the best critique but yea this is pretty much it. o-o  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:43 pm
Sriean
hmm...Well o-o; To me, its a nice picture. The style calls for it to not be completely detailed, but something is throwing me off about the hair on this of the head, I think its because of the way you have the strands falling down. The strands seem to be in a organized order but its suppose to be messing and out of place.
Down on the bottom the shoulder closes to us doesn't seem to be much of a shoulder and is sinking lower then the other shoulder. You need to make it bigger because its closest to the veiwer.

Personally i'm not the best critique but yea this is pretty much it. o-o

thanks smile  

Miki Hikari

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas