Lyrra and Aiden
  Sebastian and Lynnea
  Lucivar and Marian
  Ari and Neal
  Glorianna and Michael
View Results

storylistener

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:22 pm
I love Anne Bishop's books! heart They are very good for when you are in a dark mood. Her books are:
Black Jewels Series: Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, Queen of the Darkness, Dreams Made Flesh, and The Invisible Ring

Tir Alainn Trilogy: The Pillars of the World, Shadows and Light, and The House of Gaian.

Ephemera Duology: Sebastian and Belladona

Does anyone else know/like them? If so what did you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:10 am
I read the first three books of The Black Jewels series a few years ago, and they were okay. Emphasis on sex as the way to maturation or whatever really isn't my cup of tea. The plot was all right, but it got kind of confusing at times, and Jaelle pretty much annoyed me throughout the entire book. The fact that she becomes some pre-destined, never-before-seen being at the end didn't really help. While I don't regret reading them, I can truthfully say that they don't make me want to read them again and again, nor do they make me want to read other books by Anne Bishop.  

NightIntent
Captain

fjng fbghfkbgif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:09 am
My favourite was the other series she did, with the witches. The house of something, they were awesome, and even though i loved the black jewels trilogy i cried at the end of the other series. When at the end, all she wanted was to go home. I've read them a few times. razz  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:23 pm
Liathdano
My favourite was the other series she did, with the witches. The house of something, they were awesome, and even though i loved the black jewels trilogy i cried at the end of the other series. When at the end, all she wanted was to go home. I've read them a few times. razz

That one was the Tir Alainn trilogy. I cried AND shouted at the book at the end of that one.
Did you know that there will be a new BJT book coming out in March? It's called Tangled Webs. Personally I can't WAIT for it to come out.  

storylistener

Silver Shadow Sinner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:35 pm
I finished Sebastian and want to get Belladonna. I loved the first one, so I might as well start the second!

I tried reading The Black Jewels series and never got passed the first chapter of the first book. Then I picked up Sebastian and devoured it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:43 am
I only read The Invisible Ring by her, and it was very good, hence I'm looking forward to reading Black Jewels trilogy sometime.  

MinervaEvenstar

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:01 pm
Okay, can someone tell me what the Black Jewels trilogy is about? I keep hearing about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:26 pm
that was the cool biggrin smile  

bobbyasdhsljgldhl

Masquanade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:40 pm
Ah man I loved Trilogy. One of my favorite series ever. Also read the Invisible Ring and Dreams Made Flesh but have yet to pick up any of her other books, even the others connected to Dark Jewels. Eventually I'll look into her other books, but I'm catching up on other series for the time being.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games