Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga] From Eroica with Love

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foxy Grampa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:33 pm
Please say SOMEBODY has heard of it.

It's probably one of the best shonen ai/slashable manga I've read. Easily a favorite.

A synopsis, as it is an obscure series:

Dorian Red Gloria, Earl of Gloria, is gay, hedonistic and British. And moonlights as the art thief Eroica.

As if this description isn't worse enough for the uptight German NATO officer Major Klaus Heinz von dem Eberbach, Dorian has an eye for almost anything he just happens to need for missions, and him.

The two clash like oil and water, what with the Major being a severe genophobe and Eroica barely able to shoot a gun, yet their paths constantly cross in this comedy/adventure set during the Cold War. :]

It's hilarious, has great art style, and the plots never get old. Dorian and Klaus' both are sexy, and their dangerous, humorous, and innuendo-centric chemistry prooves to be a very fantastic read.

Discuss:

If you're interested
If you've ever heard of it
If you've ever READ it
How awesome 70's style manga is
How adorably in the closet the Major is c:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:42 am
Wow. I didn't think anybody else that I'd ever meet actually read this series. It's one of my favorites. And did you know, it's like 30 books long? (Amazing that the manga-ka could come up with that many stories). I'm on book 9 right now...still a long way to go.

I love the art style. I think they are very pretty, even though the art style looks a little old-ish. And the story continues to get funnier and more ridiculous as each book passes. I am a big fan of Dorian/Klaus. And the fanfiction written about the series is a bit too intelligent for me, cause they travel the world and stuff and I am way too lazy to do that kind of research.

We actually wanted to cosplay "Eroica" for yaoi-con, my friends as Dorian and James (my friend has a thing for James and his patchwork), and me as Klaus. It would be interesting to see how many people actually recognized which series we were from.

So yay, if you want to discuss "Eroica", I'd be happy to. Be glad somebody is into your fandom. (I posted about mine, but so far nobody seems to like it. Sad.)  

Strausser

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:51 pm
I've only read a few of the manga. When I read the first book, I was convinced that Dorian was going to end up with that psychic kid, so when he just dropped off the face of the earth, I was confused. But Klaus is so much better.

I remember reading somewhere that in the end, nothing comes of their relationship because the mangaka wanted Klaus all to herself. I haven't read the end, but it seems like such a cop out to build them up so much and then have nothing come of it. It made me sad.

One good thing about Eroica is that while the fandom might not be that big, there is some really great fanfiction out there. It's definitely worth hunting down.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games