Faking Anime ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gabriellabella590

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:22 pm
The only way to fake liking anime or to be an anime poser is:

if anime suddenly became superpopular overnight (which in some cases, it has) and a person who has never experienced it or even liked it claims that he or she does, just because its popular.

If you can distinguish a single series as anime, and you like it or are dedicated to that series, you are an "anime fan". There's differently levels, obviously, the most extreme being the otaku.

Am I anime fan? Most deff. Otaku? Not yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:51 pm
I think u can be an anime fan even if u watch a little i mean i watch like a BUNCH of anime and read a LOT of manga but yet i have no posters or i have never been to an anime convetion i dont even have cosplay outfit sweatdrop but i think im a HARD CORE ANIME FAN since well i spend a lot of time reading and watching them so i think if u know what anime is and u like it u r a anime fan 3nodding I THINK im not sure but thats how i see it and if u dont like anime then WHY THE HECK R U WATCHING IT ITS BAD TO FAKE STUFF I MEAN IF U DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT LOOK AT IT! i wonder y u would fake liking anime??  

Placeboraw

directvantage45

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:01 pm
You know you're an anime fan when you watch a 365 episode series from the beginning just to see how much better the japanese version is. sweatdrop Anyways, your brother is possibly in a transition phase into what most people seem to consider an anime fan. In Genshiken, they say that one does not choose to become an otaku, one simply is before they know it. If he is trying to like anime, it will be very difficult for him. If he really does only like a few animes right now, give him time, and he may become more of a fan. Either way, let happen what will happen, and stop worrying about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:32 pm
Serina878
I think u can be an anime fan even if u watch a little i mean i watch like a BUNCH of anime and read a LOT of manga but yet i have no posters or i have never been to an anime convetion i dont even have cosplay outfit sweatdrop but i think im a HARD CORE ANIME FAN since well i spend a lot of time reading and watching them so i think if u know what anime is and u like it u r a anime fan 3nodding I THINK im not sure but thats how i see it and if u dont like anime then WHY THE HECK R U WATCHING IT ITS BAD TO FAKE STUFF I MEAN IF U DONT LIKE IT THEN DONT LOOK AT IT! i wonder y u would fake liking anime??
I'm like you, watch lots of anime, yet I have no posters, never been to a convention, or cosplayed. I would like to, but I dont.
Yet I'm an anime fan cause I know what anime is and I watch it a lot. Seriously. Sure I only really watched the more popular ones, but I still watch. 3nodding  

darkness323

6,800 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

Sally_Pants

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:54 pm
If you want to call yourself a fan (of anything really) you have to know a little bit about what your a fan of

Just liking Naruto for example doesn't make you an anime fan
It's makes you a Naruto fan

You have to like anime in general
That not saying you need to love all anime but instead like things like the style, culture, how different it is, etc.

Back when anime was just starting to get popular and they just started putting things like pokemon, digimon, dbz, sailormoon, etc. on tv I would watch and soak up every bit I could
I used to stay up until 1am because the Scifi channel used to air anime movies and wake up at 5am to watch DBZ and Sailormoon (before they were on CN)
I would of watched anything anime since it was so rare to see on tv  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:09 pm
Hm...Well, you can't say you can fake liking anime in your brother's case-he's just not that into it. But if you hate anime, but say that you like it, then you're obviously faking. And you should be at least mildly knowledgable about anime, even if you hate it, you should know what's so bad about it. Don't kick it until you've tried it, or something along the lines of that. But that's besides the point. Anyone can fake anything. Including their love for anime. You just have to live with those people. And maybe watch them squirm while you mentally torture them.  

the mazoku

5,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

PhadeKnight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:37 pm
Why fake it? It is always best to be true to yourself. You should never have to hide how you really feel about something, it only leads to pain. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:38 am
Why would yu fake it? I mean who are you really trying to fool and besides people will soon figure out that you aren't an anime fan when they start talking about anime and you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I still think that your brother is an anime fan even though he hasn't watched much and he doesn't know about Deathnote. I have been loved anime for years and I have only just started watching Deathnote.  

xXpunkfreakXx

jmpeer

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:53 pm
It is common to fake liking something, and there are reasons for it....

But most people do not openly display their passions actually...
so he's not faking it.

There are people who just find nothing particularly appealing in animes
There are people who, among other passions, incorporate some of it into pop culture...
Then there are people who do nothing else but decorate their lives with anime stuff...

Yet an unlimited passion still dwells in the less decorated people... perhaps even more...  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm
two things:
1) are you around him, all the time, every single second of the day?
i bet not.
2) just because he hasnt seen alot of popular anime doesnt mean he cant be a fan.

and if your so concerned about it, suggest him to an anime show or show him a manga and say hed like it.  

nevershoutdawson

Kimura Yuriko

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am
hahahaha.

I have met people that fake liking anime.

It's strange . . . because most of the time when you talk about something like Chobits, they have the story all off. xD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:53 pm
JigokuShoujosRevenge
Can you fake anime? i mean can you pretend to like anime and get away with it? And why would anyone in the first place? I've mentioned my brother in a different thing. But the point is he says he loves anime yet he's seen only a few episodes of one series or hasn't watched another for the last 20 episodes. Plus he hasn't seen some of the popular anime, like Death Note. Not to mention i think hes barely read manga of any kind.

i dont think there is a such thing a "faking Anime" some one can watch a couple of anime episodes of anykind an like and maybe have a conversation about it, i think it that persons way of expanding there horizons into other things... i personally admire when people who dont really find anime there sort of thing are able to have conversations about it... cool  

Izishida92

Hanakima Ai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:53 pm
JigokuShoujosRevenge
Can you fake anime? i mean can you pretend to like anime and get away with it? And why would anyone in the first place? I've mentioned my brother in a different thing. But the point is he says he loves anime yet he's seen only a few episodes of one series or hasn't watched another for the last 20 episodes. Plus he hasn't seen some of the popular anime, like Death Note. Not to mention i think hes barely read manga of any kind.

Yes and no... I mean obviously the issue comes in when you realize that everyone has a different definition of fan. I think the big difference is that while many people see fan as someone who's obsessed with something, there are many people who simply see a fan as being someone who likes or even just thinks something is good. If you look at It in this technical sense that you could be a fan of something, for example anime, with having hardly any exposure to it. However I personally think this is a bit far fetched. If the ladder where the case then it could also be said that I am a fan of... say... popcorn. I have had it a few times and I like Kettle corn, but It's not a food that I enjoy to the point that I eat even once a week, I hate the kernels, and I cant eat a lot of it without getting sick of the taste but I am still a fan. On the other hand, If fan where to mean what some take it to mean: that you know the thing like the back of your hand, only talk, only think about that thing you are a fan of, then there would be very few fans of everything. I think that fan is really somewhere in between closer to this last idea. I think that if you are going to say you are a fan of something you should at least know what your talking about but you don't have to have seen and experienced every bit of what you claim to be a fan of. I think It's helps that in the case of anime we have the term otaku, but in your brothers case I apologize to him but I simply cant say he is a fan of anime. Maybe he could claim to be a fan of the one anime he likes, but I doubt he knows all the terminology and if he hasn't seen at LEAST 5 different series I simply can't say he is really a fan. And I see where you could argue if he hasn't read a manga he is not a fan and for the most part agree, but it could be argued that that is unnecessary to be a fan of anime because they really are as different as television/movies, and books. I hope this helped! Sorry it was a bit long. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:55 pm
Izishida92
JigokuShoujosRevenge

i dont think there is a such thing a "faking Anime" some one can watch a couple of anime episodes of anykind an like and maybe have a conversation about it, i think it that persons way of expanding there horizons into other things... i personally admire when people who dont really find anime there sort of thing are able to have conversations about it... cool

I agree but They have to at least know what they're saying.  

Hanakima Ai

Hanakima Ai

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:22 am
Hahaha! Love ur sig Fuka!  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items