Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
* ^ * Blinky's Weightloss Log * ^ *

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wee
  wee
View Results

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:10 am
Hi Everyone!

I'm starting up a new weight log to give myself somewhere to record this, publically.

So, here we go:

Height: 5'4"
Starting weight: 194.8 (5-26-2007)
Program: Weight Watchers
First goal: 10% of my weight. (19 pounds)
Goal weight: 145

Other goals:

-I want to study abroad in Japan in the Spring of 2008 semester, so I have to study to make it into the program-- and of course, I want to be at a healthy weight when I go there.

-I will buy myself at least 1 new, cute item of clothing every week, even if I don't lose weight. (This way I can feel cute for the weekend, but not invest in a huge wardrobe change until I need to.) Also to make me stop hating shopping.

-I will go to the gym 5-6 times a week for about an hour, and improve my cardio and strength fitness noticably by the end of the summer.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:12 am
DATE: 6-2-07

Current Weight: 194
Starting Weight: 194.8
Total Loss .8

(I weighed at the same time this week and last week.)

I didn't really focus on what I was eating this week, though I should have.. I did go to the gym every day, though.  

BlinkyTheRed

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:14 am
DATE: 6-9-07

Current Weight: 191.6
Total Loss = 3.2

This week I started counting my points and went to the gym 1 hour every day.

I think my weight loss is a little deceiving though, since I weighed earlier this week than last week.. (so I weighed without eating much of a breakfast.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:22 am
DATE: 6-14-07

Current Weight: 192.8
Total Loss = 2

Ugh, I GAINED 1.2 pounds from last week! But.. I don't think I ACTUALLY gained. The reason why I weigh more is because I've switched my meeting time from saturday morning to Thursday @ 4:00 PM.

So, I'm weighing in after having eaten breakfast and lunch, and about 6 glasses of water.

Although it's still discouraging to see that "gain" written on my chart.. I know that it's just a gain from water and food, not fat.

Hopefully next week, since I'm going at the same time, I'll have a loss.

(I'm still going to the gym every day for 1 hour, and counting my points.)

I've switched meetings to Thursday in order to go with my good friend Alma. She used to do it with her mom, but her mom is going on a trip for a long time, so I'm going with her now. It's nice to have a friend doing the same program. She has WAAAAAY less weight to lose than me, though.. so I don't know how long we can go together.  

BlinkyTheRed

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:56 am
Date: 6-21-07

Current Weight: 191.2
Total Loss = 3.6

So I went down 1.6 pounds this week..but I dunno. The whole day i weighed like 193 until I peed one more time and weighed at the meeting-- where I weighed this much.

I normally drink about 10 glasses of water so I try to drink a little less on weigh-in days before the meeting.. since if I chug water I won't really know where I'm at.

I still am not sure if I'm actually losing weight or not. The only way to tell is if I get up one morning, pee, and weigh naked. XD Since I know that doing that I weighed 193 at the start of the summer. So if I do that a few days in a row and average out the reading I'll know what I really weigh.

Ugh, as I write this, it's actually the same day as my next weigh-in. I'm dreading it somewhat, I'm not sure how well I did because I had to skip the gym a few times due to sickness and work conflict.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:46 pm
The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, after you relieve yourself from the previous night's accumulation x3 Don't drink, don't shower, just go to the bathroom and weigh yourself.

Do you own your own scale?

StilettoReject

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:31 am
Date: 6-28-07

Current Weight: 190.8
Total Loss = 4

I was really careful this week and lost a STUNNING .4 of a pound! HOORAY! That was SO worth the 7 hours at the gym and having to watch every single thing I've been eating. SERIOUSLY. SOOOO WORTH IT. I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC AT ALL.

I'm definitely glad I wasted 60 dollars to pay a personal trainer, and also 10 dollars for a weight watchers meeting, and all that effort.

It feels GREAT when I make absolutely no progress at all.

(If you can't tell, I'm getting VERY frustrated at this point.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:37 am
Date: 7-5-07

Current Weight: 190.8
Total Loss = 4

It's really awesome that I again, went to the gym every day, paid a personal trainer for two sessions, and watched everything I ate just to have no progress.

Seriously, I'm loving this. I hope the rest of my life is filled with this. I'll be really happy if I work out every day and count every calorie, and stay at 190 pounds forever.

There's no better life for me, I just can't imagine being any more satisfied.

At this point, I'm getting BEYOND frustrated with my weight loss. It's been seven weeks-- the summer is about halfway over and I've lost FOUR ******** POUNDS. It really makes me want to quit-- I'm basically not losing any weight, and I'm having to work out and restrict myself WAY MORE than I was when I was wasn't losing (or gaining) weight. If I went back to my old habits, I'd still be 190 pounds forever, just like I will be at this rate.

I'm sure people will tell me "Muscle weighs more than fat!" but at my caloric intake its basically impossible for me to be building much muscle, in addition to the fact that none of my clothes is getting bigger on me. I'm truly making no progress in terms of losing fat.

Every time I think about it, it just makes me want to cry. I hate having to work so hard for ******** nothing. I'm not demanding INSTANT Results-- but for 50 days of this, I have FOUR POUNDS? I'm not asking for fifty, but at least like, TEN or something!

Every summer in the past, I've been at about a 15 pound weightloss at this point.

I've given up on reaching a summer goal of 19 pounds. It's just not going to happen.  

BlinkyTheRed

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:38 am
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
The best time to weigh yourself is in the morning, after you relieve yourself from the previous night's accumulation x3 Don't drink, don't shower, just go to the bathroom and weigh yourself.

Do you own your own scale?

Yeah, I know that's the best time to weigh myself. But I'm in a hurry in the mornings and never actually have a chance to weigh myself.

The few times I have, I've come to the same conclusion: nothing's working and I'm at the exact place that I think I'm at. LOL AWESOME.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:59 pm
It can take up to a few weeks for exercise and diet to show up! Don't give up now! neutral  

Emu Feathers

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:13 pm
Keep your chin up!

You know what happened to me? When I lost my first 10lbs, I was still depressed because I still felt as large as before I lost the weight. Even after losing 15-20lbs, I was still feeling the same. . . but one day it just hit me. I weighed myself and realized just how far I'd come and decided to try on a size 9 jean instead of trudging around in my usual size 13's and 11's, and they fit! After that, I still had points when I was sad because I feel lazy and chubby, but then I just look at old pictures and realize just how much better I look now that I'm actually taking care of myself.

Don't ever give up!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:42 am
Yeah, don't worry, I won't give up..

.. when I get frustrated, I just buckle down and try even harder than before. XD

So hopefully this week I'll get some actual results on the scale, but maybe not.

I'm on my period so the bloating might counterract this week's efforts. D:

We'll find out tomorrow..  

BlinkyTheRed

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:09 am
Date: 7-12-07

Current Weight: 189.8
Total Loss = 5

So this week I supposedly lost a pound, but it's probably since I was wearing lighter clothes than usual. I didn't care if the weight loss was decieving-- I just honestly NEEDED to see some semblance of progress.

This week I've buckled down on the Points system-- following it to a T, counting every single bite of food.

If this doesn't work (as it hasn't been), I'm going to switch to Core for a week. Which I am seriously dreading.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:21 am
Date: 7-19-07

Current Weight: 188.8
Total Loss = 6

So I lost another pound this week. I followed the system pretty much perfectly, so I expected some loss.

I decided to stay on the FLEX plan, just because I don't see myself doing core with any success.

This week I haven't been doing that well, I don't think. I haven't been counting my points and I've only been going to the gym like 2 times a week, and taking long walks on other days. I've been a bit depressed lately.

My hamster died recently and it's upset me.

I haven't been eating very much though, still trying to refrain from gorging myself.. so hopefully I go down a little this week.  

BlinkyTheRed

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff