Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Traveling & Staying fit, Tips please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dont-forget

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:44 pm
In two days i'll be on my way to a wedding, We are driving there, so i'll be in a car for about a day and a half there and again heading back. and i'll be spending total 4 nights sharing a hotal w/ my family(3 others).

Than two days after we get back i'll be on a plane at 4 in the morning heading to alaska. We'll be there for 7 days, staying with family, i'll be sharing a room with another person, dont know who yet.

The Problem: keeping fit when i have no place/ very little time to work out. Do you have any moves i can do that wont take to long that i can do when ever i get the chance?

I streatch every day, and i'm use to travel and will eat right but i just dont know how to stay fit and in alaska i plan on walking EVERYWHERE that i remember from when i lived there, but i dont know how that will work cuz of my grandparents 50th anniversery (the whole reason we're up there)

sorry this is long  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:11 pm
Absolutely!

1. Bring along a water bottle. Fill it, drink it, and then stop to use a restroom. Whenever you stop for a meal break or a bathroom break, jog in place for 5 minutes, or do situps on the hood of your car.

2. While in the car, do butt and thigh clenches rhythmically.

3. While in the car, do deep breathing exercises. Fill your lungs and belly with air, then HISS loudly to get the air out of you as fast as possible until you're empty. Hissing (saying the letter S as loudly and forcefully as you can) will automatically contract the correct muscles, which situps often don't do. Do about twenty of those at a time if you're not driving, maybe once an hour. If you're driving, wait until someone else is driving, or do it while at a rest stop. God forbid you should get dizzy and get into an accident.

4. When someone wants to go out and do something fun, suggest taking a walk and seeing the sights, rather than going out to a restaurant. An hour-long walk will make up for the fact that you're not always in charge of how many calories are stuffed into restaurant food.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:59 pm
One small trick I know: When you're sitting down, hover your feet above the ground a bit instead of resting them x3 It's an old trick movie stars did in the old days to keep their abs tight.

Also, is there a gym at the hotel you'll be staying at? While you might not have too much time, a 10 minute run on the tredmill is better than nothing x3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:41 pm
I had the exact same problem last week, I went to Madison Wisconson. But I just kept it in mind and instead of eating anything too fancy, just had a subway sandwitch. I got a full 12 inch and halved it, keeping the second half in the room fridge for lunch the next day.
I was pretty lucky though, Madison is a big walking city so I think I walked several miles each day. domokun

Too bad I still have this floating 5 pounds that keeps coming back and going away. It's driving me nuts.  

Flir

dont-forget

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 am
Thanks for your help! I'll defently use some of the advice! well i'm off on my trip smile Thanks again!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:01 am
Return and report. Let us know how you did. We'll look forward to hearing about it. smile  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games