Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Stomach shrinking

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yoru_Megami

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:54 am
I've been told that if you stop eating alot you're stomach shrinks. Like it doesn't need as much food. Is that true and how long would it take?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:07 am
I don't remember hearing it from any reliable sources, but I do remember hearing that. And don't get carried away with it; if you eat too little, your body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto all the fat it can. But yeah, eating too much too often stretches your stomach out (I think) and if it isn't stretched out then you get full faster.  

__penguin__
Captain

Gravity Butterfly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:30 am
I've heard about it, and it is true (I think). I wouldn't suggest eating too little all at once, but gradually eating less until you get to the portion size you want (that's healthy). Maybe it takes a week or so? I'm not too sure about that part.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:58 pm
Yes it is, I can say from personal experience, true. If you usually eat larger then needed portions (like you eat even after you're full just because it tastes good) and then you start eating, healthy, controlled portions your stomach will shrink. Which basically means it'll take a smaller amount of food for you to eat before you'll feel full.

But like others have said if you don't get enough food then your body will think you're going into starvation mode and hold onto all the fat. And if you already eat controlled portions eating less will just mean you're not getting all the nutrients you need.

Time-wise it's different for everyone, but for me it took I think a little more then two weeks to notice a difference. (Keep in mind that's with no binging at all.) I know because I used to be able to eat a 12 inch subway sandwhich no problem. Then after about two weeks of my diet last year I tried to eat one and I was totally full after eating the first half. But it really depends on you, if you were to just shove that last half of the sandwhich in anyways you'll just restretch your stomach out.

Melod!c. CATASTROPHE

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:02 pm
Like Catastrophe, I can also say from experience that it is true. Just as your stomach can become much larger than is necessary if you eat too much, your stomach can shrink back to a more normal size if you start eating healthier portions.

I can't really tell you how long it'll take, mostly because I didn't keep track while it was happening to me, but it'll take patience, I can tell you that!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:59 am
Yes, this is definitely true! I slowly expanded the size of my stomach, and now I'm trying to get it back to normal..

Once you start controlling your portions, your stomach will feel kinda empty even though you've eaten a good amount. You might feel hungry even when you really aren't, because your stomach doesn't have much food in it.

It definitely is a hard process to get your stomach to shrink because of the hunger you'll feel when it's slowly shrinking, but once it's at a healthy size, you'll feel full when you have a normal portion.

So just make sure to follow good portion sizes and in time your stomach will go back to normal size. smile  

BlinkyTheRed

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games