Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
When we were ALL little.... [extreme reminising of the past] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T r u e A s i a n L o v e

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:01 pm
Kukeru
Meep! I shoulda known you'd be in this guild Anna! *bows*

User Image
Hey Kuk! ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:05 pm
I remember when we ate Ramen straight out of the bag. we took it to lunch and all of us would just eat the noodles. someone else would take the sauce and suck it right out of the package xD
when we used to collect BEANIE BABIES instead of Pokemon Gold and Silver;Pearl and Diamond.
Dodge ball, 4 square, Land/Air/Sea.

1.) What was your child hood like?
Where everyone knew everyone and we wouldn`t go walking around yelling out "Who`s this person??" "Does this person even go to our school?"
2.) What types of things did you do?
Play Freezetag, Tag, Tetherball, Marco Polo >.<;;
3.) what types of things did you eat?
Ramen straight out of the bag, Hot Cheetos were IN (Still are), Funions. Pb&J
4.) Did you have an asian mafia or gang or hangout buddies?
I was the only Asian in the group for the first part, then i moved on to multi-racial, and technically i was still the only Asian.
5.) What are some of your fondest memories as an asian growing up?
i was the only Asian in the group and no one cared. Now it`s all about "One Race" groups. I liked it when everyone knew everyone and we all stayed friends until we moved on to Middle School. Those memories will be missed...

Michie`s Flips Inc.

T r u e A s i a n L o v e

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:11 pm
Michie`s Flips Inc.
I remember when we ate Ramen straight out of the bag. we took it to lunch and all of us would just eat the noodles. someone else would take the sauce and suck it right out of the package xD
when we used to collect BEANIE BABIES instead of Pokemon Gold and Silver;Pearl and Diamond.
Dodge ball, 4 square, Land/Air/Sea.

Where everyone knew everyone and we wouldn`t go walking around yelling out "Who`s this person??" "Does this person even go to our school?"
Play Freezetag, Tag, Tetherball, Marco Polo >.<;;
Ramen straight out of the bag, Hot Cheetos were IN (Still are), Funions. Pb&J
I was the only Asian in the group for the first part, then i moved on to multi-racial, and technically i was still the only Asian.
i was the only Asian in the group and no one cared. Now it`s all about "One Race" groups. I liked it when everyone knew everyone and we all stayed friends until we moved on to Middle School. Those memories will be missed...

User Image
Yeah exactly - ramen straight out of the package! Now that was the
shizz-nat! We usually sat on the road and just passed it down
making sure everyone gets the same amount.

But now, they are all gone, and I'm in the same situation as you.
All my friends are different races now and I really can care less!
They are cool - I'm cool - we are ALL cool! I'm still
the only asian in my group! ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:10 am
Fun. rather spastic.
hopscotch, waiting for the cartoon to show, watching the cartoon, playing "catch" with my cousins, eating ice cream...
ice cream, little sweets (my aunt did not allow D: ), food...
not really. i wasnt as close to my friends as i was to my cousins.
um, normal usual memories... since i'm in an asian country XD  

kt_jingle

V.i.e.t.Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:47 pm
Being the only asian that can handle my own, i basically was representing in the mex and white filled elementary school
Play bball, Snes, Bruce Lee and TVB shows
Rice, all ur asian food(except sushi) and Sun Chips, Big Mac when it was still big
The only other asians at my school was in diff tracks, so i was a vagabond
Fighting, mexican gangs there(mexican majority) tried to take over, but of course they got obstacles(me especially)
And when watching the good ol dubbed TVB(even now) and at first not knowing what they were saying, and then finally grows on ya

To say that elementary school was a big happy family was a lie for my school...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 pm
Hm... I would have to say really crappy. I was in a No-Azn Town for the majority of it. I was being made fun of for being azn, had little friends. I finally moved out of there when i finished grade 8.
I would go biking around the town, play games with my friend.
My dad owned a restaurant, chinese food and many other stuff biggrin
Nope. From grade 1-5, I was lucky enough to have good friends with another chinese family. We soon became like family.
Almost none.... I almost got white washed  

BlackHammer888

1-TRUE-SH4WTY

2,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:40 am
Haha, my childhood was crazzy. I live in a ghetto place. There were lots of Asians and Africans. There's 2 parks near the apartments we lived in. Everyday crowds of Asians will come to play basketball, volleyball, or any kind of sports at the park. Haha, some people even come straight to the park after school- they'll be like fukk homeworkss, and go play. I remember climbing a fence to pick berries. Haha- someone's property xDD, but my friends and I don't care. I knew plenty of people whos pants got caught to the fence, haha you know boys with baggy pants. Sometimes on weekends the community service give us free lunch in the afternoon. Everybody will come early and get in first of the line. Sometimes I wake up early in the morning and go to my cousin's house. Haha, I don't why..I just want to go play with them xD.
They're not even up yet, and I go to their house- silly me. But eventually they open the door for me. Haha. Mostly everyday kids will play pokemon cards on the sidewalks, you know having a sandal and trying to hit people's cards in the center. Everybody here eats Hot Cheetos. lol, you'll see people here holding a bag of chips walking, even at school some people bring Hot Cheetos. My black friend does that, haha he'll ask if you want Hot Cheetos or not.

Asians here are Bloods, and Africans here are Crips. Haha, we don't tend to hate eachother, since everyone grew up together, but in parks here you'll see tons of words like whatever gangs up and whatever gangs down, gang signs and ect. Police always come here and take a look around. I remember some Mexicans living in an apartment here grew weed inside their house. Damnn, F.B.I or whatever came and knock their doors open- they won't open their doors xD. Everyone was watching. It was exciting haha.

I wouldn't want to talk about my bad memories. crying But here is goes..
I was a bad girl. My brother will locked me in the basement, and my dad always hit me. My head was bleeding one time he hitted me, and he almost stab me with a knife. sweatdrop Thank God my mama and sis was there.

So much more- too much to write. I would say my childhood was amazing. Haha.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:29 am
I don't remember much of my childhood, but I remember when my neighbor's grand daughter came to visit every week and we would play together with her bro, she was my first and best friend.

play barbie and make houses for her to live in lolllllll >_<, I made a condo hahaha

candy

hangout buddies... the only asian kid in our bock was my bf XD

I'm quarter asian, and my memories... I don't know... maybe when we would knit stuff at my neighbor's house, that old lady was so cool
in summer she would make ice cream for us and show us paint and sewing and stuff  

Mercvrya

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

hitthebrakesx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:09 am
it was really fun but we always moved around so i never had any really close friends
i painted and played baseball with the nieghbor kids in a near by field
we usually ate a variety chinese, korean, american, mexican...whatever we were hungry forr
well i hang out buddies..but none were asian
i always thought it was amazingly funnny how everyone was surprised how tan i could get in the summer hahah =]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:49 pm
one. My childhood was fun and I was very photogenic then. I lived in the same neighborhood I've always live and still here today.

two. Well, there was always family gathering all the kids would be down in the basement playing the old N64, while the parents were chatting really loud and when it was time to eat we were all savages. Same thing happens today we all play video games but, we put the N64 away and took out the GameCube and the Wii and parents chat it up and we eat.

Well kids love to eat egg.spring rolls and we always have so much meat at the house. And on special gatherings theres giant pork. We all that Chinese stuff.

Yeah, my cousins. I didn't have much friends when I was younger so I hung out with my cousins. So today if we hung out we would be all over the city and its like a pack of asians walking down the streets.

New years [ Chinese New Years] Have games and everything at the house.
Everyone is happy and stuff. Or the time we all went camping without the adults and they wouldn't let us but, we went anyways and found out that it was bad to go camping on that day cause of a Chinese story.

The End. ----->

t i n y. riceball_

Newbie Noob

SoundlessMelody

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:37 pm
1.) It was full of me getting in trouble.
2.) Be bad like run around and get on my parents nerves.
3.) CANDY!! Which is probabaly why I have cavities now.
4.) Yea but we sadly went our seperate ways.
5.) New Years. It was always the best even when I didn't get that much money. It's the thought that counts right?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:26 am
1.) Really boring.
2.) Playing lots and lots of video games biggrin
3.) Spicy food.
4.) No, I was the only Asian in my school year.
5.) I didn't have fond memories, especially not in kindergarten. They laughed at me because of my skin colour sad  

CARLY GAY JEPSEN

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

DarkAngelDaisuke

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:19 am

it was nice, but i had very few asians around until about 4th grade...until then all i had was family parties..which waslike evry weekend haha which was filledwith 50+ asians in one house every weekend haha it was sooo awesome

well i did normal stuff. biking, rollerbalding, pokemon, yu gi oh, games, park, tag, sports, and other kiddie things haha

i swear those ramen uncooked r like chips haha every asian has like eaten it that way haha...we shared it with even our non asian friendsa haha but my mom ssaid to stop bc their stomachs cant handle it haha

yeah and i still do however most of them have moved actually like 4 or 5 haha but we still have plent of asians...like 5 haha i miss my friends...but some visit every summer haha

and we go bowling every week haha monday bowling dollar bowling haha

non stop parties lastin 3 days in a row with tons of friends haha  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces