Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Brian Froud- Mused or Misused? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:28 am
JulieDoc

I tend to agree with that insight. After all, I don't think inspiration is a process that stopped with ancient people. I think new interpretations of any ideas are always there for someone that might be inspired to pursue them.
With that in mind though, how far are we from Fluff?

Look at the invention of the Blank Rune for example- and the implications there of?!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:06 pm
I would say neither.

Let it be a direction to point someone to do their own research or educate themselves, but let it be neither taken wholesale, nor discarded out of hand.
Insight can be garnered from a thousand unexpected sources, and even the most reliable source can be misunderstood when taken to directly.  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:24 pm
Fiddlers Green
I would say neither.

Let it be a direction to point someone to do their own research or educate themselves, but let it be neither taken wholesale, nor discarded out of hand.
Insight can be garnered from a thousand unexpected sources, and even the most reliable source can be misunderstood when taken to directly.
A very fair assessment.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:36 pm
TeaDidikai
JulieDoc

I tend to agree with that insight. After all, I don't think inspiration is a process that stopped with ancient people. I think new interpretations of any ideas are always there for someone that might be inspired to pursue them.
With that in mind though, how far are we from Fluff?

Look at the invention of the Blank Rune for example- and the implications there of?!

I honestly don't know how far that is from fluff. Who would be qualified to decide the standards of whether someone's inspiration would be valid or not? I am certainly not sure.

:headdesk:  

Hybrid Jewel

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:12 pm
JulieDoc

I honestly don't know how far that is from fluff. Who would be qualified to decide the standards of whether someone's inspiration would be valid or not? I am certainly not sure.

Myself I would start with someone who had a working understanding of the runes in question already.

Mayhaps someone with a respectable understanding of symbology and modern culture.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:01 pm
TeaDidikai
JulieDoc

Myself I would start with someone who had a working understanding of the runes in question already.

Mayhaps someone with a respectable understanding of symbology and modern culture.

That sounds reasonable.  

Hybrid Jewel

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:14 am
JulieDoc

That sounds reasonable.
Reasonable. I must be loosing my touch. wink  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash