Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
The Spider's Web - A Sparse Collection

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arachnist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:21 pm
i n t r o
Yeah, I know, lame title. (: It's supposed to be inspired by my avatar name. Whoever understands it, that is.

Anyways...I'll be posting whatever art I finish here. Or WIPs, whichever.
Also, for those of you that don't know, my old account was PinkGhost, but I was banned...I don't know why...
Anyways, I had to create a new thread. So. Here.

A lot of my art will be of characters for a comic/manga that my friend and I will be making over the summer. (:

b i o
So...umm...well I am 15, going on 16, lalalalalala....I mean. Yeah, I'm turning 16 in a few months. Which means...I'm a sophomore, about to be a junior. My life is very school-orientated, but I still love drawing, so it's also a big part of my life.
I do mostly pencil sketches, although I have dabbled in color pencils, watercolors ((= =;; I suck at them)), cg'ing, and oil paints. I hope to work on my cg'ing and oil paintings this summer.

m e n t o r s
Umm..I think I had one. But..they disappeared. x___x Yeah. Or maybe I disappeared.

m i s c
I'm making this all fancy-like, because I hope I will be able to keep this up and regularly post, although I kind of doubt it. But I shall persevere!
Umm..oh yeah, critiques are loved. Be brutal, I don't mind. It'll just help me in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:25 pm
c r i t i q u e m e ?

Number_One

-------------------------

So I decided to draw and color the female main character in my upcoming comic thing, Haliah, one, because I needed to figure out the right colors, two, because I need to practice drawing her, and three, because I got my tablet pen back and was obsessed with drawing on photoshop for a few days. ^w^ Weeee.

So yeah, this is pretty much my first serious drawing with my tablet.

Anyways, the area I would like the most critique on is the clothes. ToT I just couldn't make them come out right. Also, for those of you who have tablets and Photoshop, could you tell me why the smudge tool sucks so much if you use your tablet?
One more thing. Please don't critique my lineart. ^ ^;; I've gotten better at it since I started this piece. But I would like some tips on keeping my hand steady when drawing the outline of the face. x___x

Psssst. Ignore the top part where the hair is all messed up...
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/7100/haliah1cf0.png
Looking at it now, I realize I messed up on the lips too. >__<
Oh yeah, keep in mind that I probably won't fix the problems any time soon, mainly because my friend is borrowing my tablet.

-------------------------

Number_One_End

Arachnist

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas