Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
bubble madness!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minathia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:39 pm
I painted semi-regularly for a few months about a year and a half ago, and then i moved, forgot about my paints, moved again, and remembered them.
Of course now they are mostly dried out, like clumps of slightly liquid clay. >.< I added water to one (i'm thinking that I added too much water...) and when I shook it to mix the water in it created a bunch of bubbles. how do i get rid of them!! When I tried to paint it created ugly little holes on my mini, which makes me sad. Any advice?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:50 pm
ohhhh....I HATE it when that happans! That is what happand to me! gonk Ok listen, you cant do anything about the clay so you hav one of two things you can do:
1. buy new paint (I had to do this)
2. or add just a few drops of water, then mix it with a toothpick. You dont want too much water your, yeah, you will get the bubbles!  

cyberagent

Minathia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:53 pm
hmmm...must buy toothpicks. thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:57 pm
Anytime! Make sure to mix it very well! The draw back of adding water is that the paint will take on a lighter texture and will run depending on how much water you put. Sometimes like this will work for you becuase I had gotten some cool effects with watered down paint! blaugh heart blaugh  

cyberagent

Minathia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:02 pm
i'm trying to use it anyway,with varying success. i'm mixing it with colors that are still kinda dry to get a more normal texture. i'm also trying highlights for the first time ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:07 pm
oh good idea! And I love highlights, texture, and and dry brushing! heart heart heart I think my white X's Dread came out good using alot of drybrushing on metal color!  

cyberagent

Ruric Torrune

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:00 pm
I've done that... Hadnt painted anything for a few months, and when I finaly got some new models, I descovered my paint and glue were almost dry... I too added a little too much water, but found that if it sits for a few days, it should even out, you just need to shake it a little, and some of the water should have dried up. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:51 pm
I think I read somewhere that mixing in a little bit of PVA/woodworking glue helps. It might mess with the texture more though. I haven't ever tried this so I can't tell you what it'd do, though.  

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:08 pm
Add/mix dependant on consistancy.

Like gravy.

: D  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:42 am
POP THEM! POUR IT ALL OVER THE ROOM!  

Fignuts 2.0

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff