Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Off Topic Discussion
Serious problem: Hacking

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uke Incognito

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:26 pm
Just recently I was sent a message by an unmentioned party stating that I had been accused of hacking into someone else's account. Knowing for a fact that I am incapable of doing such things, I gave my information (username and password) to this person. Upon trying to log back in to my account after the mentioned five minutes had passed, I was unable. Something had happed with either my username or password. When I logged into another account of mine, I had received the same PM. I gave the information but before that I PM'ed the would-be administrator. When I received the PM back, he had written. I realized that there was a significant difference between the first PM and this one. The person who had written back lacked the literacy and thought to be someone of such a high stature. When I tried to sign back in to my other account the same thing happened.

Once I was able to access this account, after reseting the password, I realized that my gold was sufficiently less than when this had begun. Apparently while I was unable to access my account, I had traded with this so-called administrator for nothing in return. Really, while I donate, I would not trade with a potentially dangerous person all of my valuables.

I am doing this to warn everyone who gives a damn that if they receive a message like that, please don't give your information and to change your password as soon as possible. I have already reported this to the due authorities but it takes a week at most to process everything. Watch out for yourself.

If this is not allowed, please inform me or just remove it yourself. Whichever is less trouble.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:40 pm
Thanks for the heads up.  

Madam Hare

S e r e n i t y Demise

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:52 pm
That's why there's big bolded letters, atleast I'm pretty sure there are, in your PMs that tell you that admins will never ask for your password.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:42 pm
Good point. o.O  

Madam Hare

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:29 am
Yah, there is. And this hacking thing annoys me because I don't know how the admins are supposed to get it through to everyone. I mean, some people notice the big bold letters. Others just don't and I think that means what the admins are doing to prevent this sort of thing isn't working. Maybe they should try something else.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:42 am
Its not hacking-its scamming,.

These scammers scam people into getting you to give them your password. I got hacked, like hacked hacked, a virus got into my computer and into my gaian, e-mail and myspace accounts.

My gaian avatar was robbed of all items worth anything and all 60k i had.
Man i hate thse people, is it really worth it! Its just pixels.

Sigh, some people must be mean.  

Puddinpocalypse

Super Cy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:53 pm
...dude, there was a pm that asked for your username and password and you gave it! on like every page that you can talk to some one else it says "Administrators will never ask for password. Don't give out your password." It says it every where!! If you seriously reply to one of those you deserve what ever happens to you. I got one and i reported it like they tell you to and the fake admins account was deleted. If you're ever unsure of a message then report it and let the real admins do there job...besides i know for a fact (having run a message bord) that and admin can do what ever is nessissary to your account with out you ever knowing....

I hope you learned your lesson...As for you ~Faesy~ i'm sorry you got hacked, i'm sure you didn't deserve it.
ninja  
Off Topic Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff