Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enelya Silimaure

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:54 pm
Hi! I'm Jenny, a 30 year-old mother of four! Wow, four kids...I bet you are all wondering how I could possibly be overweight, what with chasing after them all day. I wish I knew too...well, actually I do know why I'm overweight: FOOD!! I have a very addictive personality and, unfortunately, one of my addictions is those delicous morsels of fat and calories sitting on my plate. I'm glad I don't have a sweet tooth or I am sure the situation would be worse then it is (my downfall is salty and creamy foods...mostly taco's with the works; including sour cream and guacamole).
Anywho, my current weight is about 240lbs. Right now all I want is to see the 100's (even if it's 199!). I was actually only slightly overweight around 11 years ago (I weighed about 135) when I was knocked up with my first (I say that in a joking manner). I gained nearly 100lbs with him (my only son, Galen...he'll be 11 this October). My last three pregnancies (my three daughters; Anastastia who's 8, Alexandria who's 5, and Gabrielle who's 3) I gained less then 15lbs each. But I've never been able to take the weight off from that first gorge-on-whatever-I-want-because-I'm-pregnant pregnancy.
I have tried just about every diet known to man (Slimfast, Atkins, extremely low calorie, etc, etc). I've joined a gym and used the Richard Simmons program (I was actually the most succesful with this over everything else). Nothing really seems to work...or it doesn't work fast enough for me. I'm fed up with it. I'm sick of being fat. I'm sick of tiring so easily (playing tag with my kids, though amussing for those watching, is like trying to swim across an ocean when you've barely mastered the doggy paddle). I'm tired of shopping in the plus size department. I hate not feeling sexy when my and my SO are having alone time. And I HATE, HATE, HATE hearing my flab smack against other flab when I run down the stairs.
A friend of mine and I just joined our local Curves. My SO said he would pay for me to go as long as I stuck with it. I like the enviroment there and everyone is really nice. So what makes this plan of action different then the thousands of others? Well, my biggest problem with any other exercise routine is that I get so bored (I've begun to wonder if I have ADHD like my son). I stand there on the treadmill thinking to myself, "not another 15 minutes...AAHHHH!!." I end up watching the time slowly tick down and it feels like torture. At Curves you spend so little time (30 seconds to be exact) at each station that before you know it you've done you're 3 curcuits and you're done. Will it work? I hope so. If it does they said I should reach my goal (which is based in inches lost, not pounds) in a little more then a year. I can handle that.

Well, I think that about covers it for now. I hope to be pretty active in this guild though with four young-un's it won't always be possible. If ANYONE ever needs someone to talk to though...say you just don't know if you can resist that mouth-watering cupcake sitting on the counter...and I am on, don't hesitate to message me. I've been down this road so many times before I can't even count, but never made it past the first mile marker. I am more then happy to be there to lend an ear or some advice.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:26 am
240's not too bad :3 Unless you're short like me x333 How tall are you?

When it comes to diet, almost everyone makes the most awful mistake one can make with "diets." A diet shouldn't be used only to lose weight. The scientific definition of a diet is basically what you eat on a daily basis, it's a part of your lifestyle, not just something to use temporarily to lose weight, which is what most people think and why they fail most of the time :3 So, when it comes to your diet, you should make sure it's something you could live with the rest of your life, not just until you lose the weight you want or fail at it and choose something else x3 Those who actually change their diet for good are 80% more successful than those who just use a fad diet to lose some pounds.

p.s. You picked incredibly gorgeous names for your children!

StilettoReject

Enelya Silimaure

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:01 pm
I'm 5'2...so I fall into the, "unless you're short." If I was 5'6 or 5'7 it probably wouldn't look nearly as bad on me. smile

Since food is the biggest obstacle in my weight loss I have struggled with the "diet" part of losing weight. I've tried the whole, "I'm only going to eat what's good for me and never touch a morsel of the bad stuff." I've tried it numerous times. It never works for me. I like "bad" foods. I'm not going to ever be a health guru, eating all organic foods.
So this time around I'm trying to simply downsize my portions. Instead of having four to five taco's (and maybe another one or two later as a snack), I'll have two...three if I'm really hungry. I just love the taste of food so much that I don't even realize how much I'm eating until I find out I've devoured all of the taco dip in one sitting. I'm just going to remind myself that whatever it is I am desiring will be just as good the next day for lunch. I don't have to polish it off in one night. Hopefully doing this and trying to make some better food choices will be enough. I am not even going to count calories because it's tedious and I doubt I'll continue to do so after I've lost weight.

And, thank you! I love my children's names too. Jeff and I are really big on name picking/meanings:

Galen Micheal: (Little bright eyed gift from God)
Anastastia (pronounced ah-na-sta-she-a) Ceres Rose: (Reborn spring rose)
Alexandria Hope: (Protector of mankind's hope)
Gabrielle Kiera-Marie: (Dark one)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm
Yeah, I'm 5'3" and started out at 160lbs x3 I was one of those people who didn't carry extra weight well sweatdrop I have plenty of larger friends, but they all still look so good! I just looked like a shapeless lump gonk

p.s. I especially like Gabrielle Kiera-Marie xDDD Dark One. Hehe ^^

StilettoReject

Enelya Silimaure

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:28 pm
I've seen overweight women who look really good. I don't know if anyone here watches American Idol but the winner this year is a 17 year-old girl who is also a plus size model. If I looked as good as she does...well, I would still want to lose weight for the health benefits but at least I wouldn't feel so awful about my body.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:20 am
The majority of my friends are plus sized, and only about 2 or 3 of them do not carry it well.. but that's mostly because they don't take care of themselves, which also is probably why they're clinically obese in the first place sweatdrop And on of my friends is morbidly obese, and..well.. in my opinion, no one carries that well sweatdrop She's a really sweet girl, she just doesn't keep up with herself or take care of herself and it hurts to see her upset when people make fun of her and then go home with her and watch her binge eat for hours because of it. I've tried to coax her into going to the gym with me, etc., but she doesn't want to.

StilettoReject

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games