Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Can pregnancy affect ritual work?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PippinHobgoblin

Tipsy Vampire

10,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 8:29 pm
My friend recently asked me to work on building a ritual to help cleanse a house and the property surrounding it. The friend in question is pregnant and I was wondering if that could cause some changes in procedure. Anyone know if this can beneficial to our work or could it actually interfere? Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:55 am
Never having been in that situation I'm only offering a humble guess: While her energies will be different I don't think they will affect the workings in a particularly negative or positive way. So unless your path or tradition has a certain opinion on pregnant women doing ritual work I wouldn't worry. Just don't do anything really, really stupid like washing down floor or surfaces with infusion of rue or such like  

Greeneyed_falcon

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:21 am
Yeah, some herbs and remedies can have negative effects on pregnant women. But that's not much of a problem if you're careful.

Honestly, it's not a problem I've ever come across yet. Maybe asking a wiccan would be of more help, with the whole fertility religion thing. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:12 pm
I've never been in such a situation, but it may be wise to consider how much energy work would be safe for her to do. I have heard of pregnant witches casting successful spells, but she may want to limit how much energy she puts personally into the ritual, just so she doesn't wear herself out. As long as she doesn't become too tired, she should be all right.  

Boadicia

PippinHobgoblin

Tipsy Vampire

10,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:23 pm
Thanks guys. mrgreen
I'll letcha know how it goes. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:37 am
When I was pregnant I couldn't do anything aside from shield, energy wise. And I've read in more than one book that covens usually don't allow pregnant women to participate much in the energy work or magic part of their rituals because all of that woman's energy should be going into her child or protecting her child.  

Kaylara-Nightshade

PippinHobgoblin

Tipsy Vampire

10,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:40 pm
Just letting everyone know that it went very well. mrgreen Thanks for the input. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:35 am
PippinHobgoblin
Just letting everyone know that it went very well. mrgreen Thanks for the input. heart

Glad to know it went well. smile  

Pelta

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces