Submit

DeadlyHiFi

7,925 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm
lol that's funny,
but seriously I have the pretty much the same view as the king of ska, you can't say you like ska as a whole if you don't know what you're talking about, I have started a lot of "third-wavers" in my school who say they like ska even though the ONLY ska they have heard would be 2 or 3 sublime songs which they may have overheard me listening to or on c.y.y. (A radio station in maine).  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:23 pm
DeadlyHiFi
That makes me a skinhead too then, minus the shaving of the head. But anyway I ******** hate that people think less than jake is ska. Skatalites is ska, Sublime is the best 3rd wave ska, Reel big fish is good but they spend too much time ripping off other bands with "ska" remixes and not enough of thier own songs, I like thier originals though personally. I know of Dekker but I have to look up Symarip, I'll get back to you on that.

if you think you've got the suss, then be a skinhead be like us. Find a crew and get shaved in if its what you're interested in. There is waaaaaayyyyyy more to it than just ska though.  

American Skinhead

Iggy Celtic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:44 pm
Depends on what I want to listen too depends on the wave of ska I listen too, find myself listening to Streetlight Manifesto (a lot), The Specials, and Desmond Dekker, just have more third wave stuff because I enjoy listening to how punk music has influenced ska and where the genre will go (i.e. the new Catch-22 record)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:40 pm
ok one question are all skinheads nazis?? i havent quote gpt tht established yet lol  

kicker151

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:27 am
kicker151
ok one question are all skinheads nazis?? i havent quote gpt tht established yet lol

No most skin heads stand against pregidice and mistreatment, or atleast thats how it started. Now half the kids just think its a trend where they get to beat people up. The sharps are respectible but the random dicks just kinda suck.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:36 pm
potato the antichrist
I'm a skinhead. Why are so many "ska kids" so ******** ignorant about their shavenheaded predecessors. My people practially invented ska and the majority of "rude boys" nowadays think we're all nazis.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, you fail. No, Skins didn't "practically invent ska." That would be Rudies in Jamaica and rocksteady. And no, a "Rudie" isn't just a ska fan. Rude boys were a product of the Jamaican dancehall scene. They wore the latest in fashions for youth at the time and often times were hired by sound system operators to interupt rival parties (hence the term dancehall crashers) They were often associated with gangs because of this. And as far as Skins being mixed up with Nazi movements, you really can't expect it not to happen, or be annoyed when someone is ignorant of it, simply because the term was used in relation to Neo-nazi movements first and more frequently.  

BLANK-DELETE-BLANK

SkaBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:32 am
Kingshortpants
kicker151

No most skin heads stand against pregidice and mistreatment, or atleast thats how it started. Now half the kids just think its a trend where they get to beat people up. The sharps are respectible but the random dicks just kinda suck.

I don't feel like correcting you, so i'd just like to state that SHARP didn't come around till 1987. Me and SHARP are the same age. lololololol. Let's have a birthday party together. Me and Roddy Moreno's brain child.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:42 pm
Hmm.
A lot of punk kids downtown (they're all about fashion) claim to like ska.
They think that just because they wear checkers and have a rude boy tattood on their arm, they are the masters of ska.
Hell, half of them haven't even heard of The Specials, and even my friends that don't listen to ska know who they are!

sweatdrop Sorry. Fashion people make me angry.

Le Bete Noire Cris

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces