Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Healthy Recipes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smoothies are
  love
View Results

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:00 pm
I don't have a recipe but I read that adding color to your diet, like a salad, will make you want to eat more of the salad, so you fill up on that and not other colorful food like candy.

Somthing I love to do right now is take an assortment of summer vegetables; aspargus, not great but ok, yellow squash, yummy, zuchini, great and my new personal favorite red bell peper, which is crunchy and sweet! lightly salt them and baste them in EVOO or balsalmic vinegrette than throw them on the grill. Pepper for ten minutes, squash and zuchini for eight and the asparagus for 3 or 4. It's yummy, filling and healthy  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:31 pm
Meringues

Like Divinity, this recipe will not work if the weather is humid or overly hot, unless you keep the AC on and all the windows and doors shut. When making meringues, you have to be certain that your mixing bowl, beaters, and measuring cups are EXTREMELY CLEAN. The tiniest amount of egg yolk or any other oil or fat will prevent the egg whites from becoming fluffy.

Ingredients:
2 egg whites without even the tiniest amount of yolk, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 Celsius). It's the lowest setting on most ovens.

2. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.

3. Combine egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar, and salt in a very clean bowl. Beat until foamy, approaching the 'soft peak' stage.

4. Add Splenda a little at a time until egg whites are stiff and glossy, at the 'stiff peak' stage.

5. Spoon meringues onto cookie sheet. Bake 45 minutes. Turn off oven and leave for an additional hour. Allow to cool outside the oven after that, for an extra half-hour to hour.

Variations:
* Fold in 1-2 tbsp of cocoa with vanilla.
* Add different extracts instead/along with vanilla.
* Add food coloring with extracts (i.e swirl red coloring with peppermint extract.)
* Sprinkle with more Splenda or with cocoa powder to give the meringues a little more visual appeal and sparkle.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games