Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
An accurate measure for healthy weight

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:55 pm
So in my science class we did a lab where we measured our height and ankles,forearms, ankles and calves put in some numbers and we got the weight we're suposed to be, it's much more accurate then BMI since it takes muscle into mind. I'm supposed to weigh around 114, which means I need to lose 14 lbs. My teacher told us to figure out what percent off we are, whether we're under or above and as long as we aren't more than 20% off we're ok. I'll post the calculations later, and this is meant for people around the age of 15.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:06 am
You know, I did this before and it came out pretty close to my BMI. I did it with my personal trainer because here at MSU you can get one for free if you're a student, and it actually made me really sad because she told me that the way my body is designed (pear shaped) I was never going to not have a fat a** (hip to waist ratio). No matter how thin I got, my a** was going to be 70% larger then my waist because of my bone structure. I guess it's a good system becuase you can get things like that from it and completely do away with false hope. I mean, there's no use kidding yourself, you can't completely change your body shape without a lot of expensive and painful surgery.  

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:50 pm
And look on the bright side, now women are surgically getting a rounder but rofl At least you won't have to do that.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games