Submit

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:31 pm
I have recently acquired the new Linkin Park cd, and was slightly let down... They have taken a new approach to their music... It isn't bad, but I much prefer the older style... The new album has a lot less electronics, and is more of an actual band playing... It also has a lot less of Mike Shinoda... It mainly focuses around Chester Bennington... It also features twelve songs, and it seems as if they are shorter than they used to be... I would like to hear your comments on the new album...  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:30 pm
I got the album too, and I was sorta let down as well. They definitely chose a different style, and I was surprised to hear curse words in their music for once. I like some of the songs on the album, but most of them are just kinda mreh. Now Chester sounds sorta...girly...almost like it should fit into the Emo genre...  

DioRte

Stars_Tears

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:32 am
I have been a huge LP fan since the begining and I have to say that this album was kinda a letdown for me. I do like it but I wish it was still their old way of playing. The point they wanted to get a cross was that they can play stuff differently but I enjoyed the old stuff 100 fold. I'm happy with their new album but...it's really emo. I miss Mike and Chester is way to girlish on this. I do like the last song alot "The Little Things" it's awesome!  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:54 am
i had a discussion about them a few days back with a friend of mine(whos a huge LP fan) and we both came to the conclusion that they could have gotten A LOT worse but it still isnt good so we settled at mediocre  

xX x0mbie Xx

cosmicAntagonist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:01 pm
Well...I just got the album, and Ive never heard from it yet. xp I loved the old albums, especially Hybrid theory, I hope this album isnt so much as a letdown as I think...xD -crosses fingers-  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:25 am
I like their new CD. But, I personally think that Meteora was better...In a way..  

Cannibal of B o n e

Drake Magestrail

Shadowy Elder

9,475 Points
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:48 pm
I've got the cd also,I like it,my favourite song on the cd is probably Leave Out All The Rest,it's nice and smooth sounding,my next fav is Bleed It Out,I like the tempo on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:02 am
I'm a huge LP fan..have all their albums..and i have to say..that the new cd is good..but i like the older tuff better..and whats the whole thing about cursing??..everyone curses...anyway..i wish the rest of the album would have been more along the lines of "what i've done","given up" and "no more sorrows"..if all the songs were like those...there would have been nothing wrong with it..and i wouldn't say it was a complete let down  

Willie-John[Abomination]

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:06 am
DioRte
I got the album too, and I was sorta let down as well. They definitely chose a different style, and I was surprised to hear curse words in their music for once. I like some of the songs on the album, but most of them are just kinda mreh. Now Chester sounds sorta...girly...almost like it should fit into the Emo genre...

I got it too...I kinda saw it as emo too...but my friend told about it being more emo music...that's kind why he told me about it in the 1st place-he knows I love my emo music...I like it!...especially "leave out all the rest"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:23 am
I love Linkin Park, and always will, but this album isn't too bad, but yes, I prefer the older style. My favorite song though off that album has to be Valentines Day. It just means something more to me.  

Pixiie_False

gothiclg

2,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:50 pm
I was personally quite satisfied with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:34 am
DioRte

There's only ONE set of minutes to midnight and that's '2 Minutes to Midnight' by Iron Maiden.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items