Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Okay, okay, I get it!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AHHHHH.
  IT BUURRRRNNNSS.
View Results

lndigo Child

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:35 pm
So, I've been trying to cut off my beloved sugary drinks-- no soda, chocolate milk, or juice so sugary it might as well be syrup.

Well, this morning I was cold, and thirsty, and just craving chocolate in general (grrgrrrgrrrtimeofthemonth >_< ). So, I caved. I set up the teapot to boil some water, grabbed my favorite mug, and filled it up with the powder. After the water came to a boil, I poured it in the mug and began to stir.

..Funny, it looks like there's less cocoa in there than there was before...
So, I pick up the mug to put more water in, and the thing EXPLODES. I get boiling water all over my leg (which is now burned) and there's sticky hot chocolate ALL OVER the kitchen, was well as broken glass.

I think I'm sticking to skim milk and water for now. >_>;  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:44 pm
How did it explode? O-o Was there a possible air pocket or did you just pour the water too quickly...?

That really sucks gonk

Anyway, when trying to kick sodas and things (trust me, I've been there dramallama ), don't try cold turkey.. it never works x3

What I did was I started drinking diet instead of regular. As most people should know by now, while diet soda is better for you, it's still not good for you. SO, I started drinking caffeine free diet soda and then moved to flavored water and then just to regular water. :3

I've been drinking only skim milk, water, and juices for about a year and a half now :3  

StilettoReject

lndigo Child

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:55 pm
Well, as far as quitting cold turkey goes, exploding mugs certainly help a lot! xp

I have NO IDEA why the thing blew up. It scared the crap out of me.

Quitting soda is easy for me, 'cause I went four years without it when I was on my kidney diet. It's the chocolate that gets me. gonk I've become soooooo attached to it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:35 pm
well i quit drinking soda cold turkey..
i hadnt had a soda since last june i think?
but today i felt way down and low on sugar
so i had a cup..i was wired and then felt sick
( i guess since i hadnt drank it in so long)

if you stop drinkings sodas you'll feel better
and lose weight. i only drink water nothing else..

a way you can slow down on the soda is maybe having it once every two or three days and then decrease it slowly.. you could also try just having one glass of it a day, and slowly ween yourself off of it..

ive had hot chocalte explode on me before like 2 years ago.. i think there was an air pocket in the coco or w/e lol it wasnt fun lol

oh since you have a chocolate addition you can try the same thing as the soda quiting.. but if you want a chocolate bar or something go for the dark..its better for ya ^_^  

HIM_fan

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:14 pm
arrow SCIENCE ALERT!

The cocoa didn't explode. The WATER exploded. You see, when you microwave water, its molecules get excited and they vibrate. Most of the time, boiling water on the stovetop creates bubbles. Microwaving water doesn't bubble. But it does loosen up oxygen molecules in the water, and they have to go somewhere. If you stir microwave-boiled water, or if you set the mug down with a clack on the countertop, the water will explode because all of those extra oxygen molecules need to get out, and fast.

Next time, use the stovetop. It's safer.

And by the way, you can buy fat-free cocoa. Check it out sometime.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games