Submit

Amanda Kawaii-chan

Beloved Shapeshifter

17,625 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:40 am
Does anyone like the Left Behind movie series?
I own 3 movies so far. I hope they make more of them ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:32 pm
I've seen all three and own the first one. Have you read the books?? The books are great. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:56 pm
I've only seen the first one and thought it was decently done. But the books were EXCELLENT. Especially if you read them expecting them to explain prophecy. *grin* I've heard the kids' version is pretty good too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:45 pm
I started off reading the kids version. It's really cool how it goes along with the adult version (like the kid from the first book is on the same plane as Buck when the disappearances occur). I need to finish reading the series actually. I stopped after I got to Armageddon (the book is sitting on my shelf; I just haven't read it).  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

xX Shadow-the-Stalker Xx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:05 pm
I've seen the first one. It's really good. And true. People need to realize that God IS coming again.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:57 am
The first movie was underdone.. It hardly chiseled into the plot...

The books were annoying to me. I believe I was bothered by the grammar. Kind of like Wendy Alec's book Messiah (sequal to the Fall of Lucifer). I just want to go at it viciously with a red pen and mail it to her (with anthrax).

I went as far as Indwelling into the series, I believe. Does that come before or after Soul Harvest? Because I liked Soul Harvest. I think it was the title that did it for me. The concept the title implies makes me shiver, haha.

...Okay. I was kidding about the anthrax. *coughs nervously*  

Lyneun

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:00 pm
Soul Harvest comes after The Indwelling. And yeah, I get the same feeling when I think of the implications of a soul harvest. I attempted to write a book based on this concept but it never got past the second or third chapter. Maybe one day I'll go back and try to finish it.

The movies were quite underdone, and the authors of the books were very upset because they were given a budget enough to make the movies much better. But they are what they are. -shrug-

heart

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:01 pm
I've read all the books and loved them, but I've only seen the first movie. The movie was good but just couldn't live up to the books.  

mistymorning14

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200

Innocence Is Me

Dapper Browser

750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:47 pm
I'm reading the series right now. I'm on Assasins. Those books are great. I really get into them. I want to see the movies after I finish the books.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:59 pm
I just watched the first movie, and I would like to say IT IS TERRIBLE.

First of all, if you want a leading man, Kirk Cameron is not who you want. There is a reason he is out of work and only doing direct to DVD movies... He really can't act.

I'm not going to go into what a misguided interpretation of Scripture it is. Let's forget all religious content for a second and look at is as a movie.

It's acting is terrible. The dialog is nothing but over expository statements and monologs that people just say at the drop of a hat but are so percise it's as if they must have had weeks to rehearse. The story goes nowhere fast, never comes to any sort of cartharsis by the end. Even movies that set up for a sequel need to follow three act structure and have a definite end point for the movie. If the story is to be continued, end with a clear cut statement that sums of up the movie.

Back to the Future Part II, Matrix II, Lord of the Rings, all these movies continued directly into the next movie, and they all had percise endings. Not lazy endings.

All the movie did was prove that the writers of the books are litigious jerks who are only out for money, as evidenced by the fact that they sued the producers for spending 20 mill on the movie instead of 40. Despite the fact that nobody ever agreed to this, and there is no record of them ever being given that number. So, in other words, the movie sucked and they wanted money for it.  

Matt Pniewski

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:22 am
It's interesting that you should point out the movies' flaws, because I used to like the movies and the books. Then one of my friends pointed out to me that each book was written in less than two months, and each one was riddled with errors. After she gave me evidence of said errors, I lost all respect for the authors as authors. Pretty much everything I know about them paints them in a very sketchy light. confused  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:55 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
It's interesting that you should point out the movies' flaws, because I used to like the movies and the books. Then one of my friends pointed out to me that each book was written in less than two months, and each one was riddled with errors. After she gave me evidence of said errors, I lost all respect for the authors as authors. Pretty much everything I know about them paints them in a very sketchy light. confused

Well, I'm not going to get into biblical accuracy, because a lot of people just ignore the evidence I post about them.... And rather just rip them apart as bad movies.

Because they are terribly written, directed, with some of the worst actors they could have chosen.

Thing is, give me the rights and about five million dollars and I can make a good Left Behind film.  

Matt Pniewski

Mental Self

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:09 pm
I have read the entire series except the second half of the last one.
They are great books but they have a odd translation of Revelation.
In my personal opinion the veiw presented in the Left Behind Series is the wrong one, however that version is the most popular it seems.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:18 pm
The books' popularity is a very good thing to point out- the books sell and the authors make money because what they write is popular, but not necessarily accurate.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items