Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
[ Shinku's Chronicles ] // GYM MEMBERSHIP GOT

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverShinku

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:49 pm
I've decided it's time to set up a journal of everything.
:3

User Image

My name is Jeanette.
Last Time I weighed myself, I was 163, though this was at a school scale.
So, I don't fully trust it.

I'd use my house scale, but, it says I am 180. [It's been saying this forever]
I'm really not sure which one to believe. But, I should be getting a new scale soon, so when that Happens, I'll know my official weight.

As of recent, I've been very much into the idea of really losing weight, I've read so many stories, And I just think that it's possible.

I've spoken to my Father, and he has agreed to get me a membership to a gym. I am extremely excited about this. I'll finally be able to get exercise.

I've been lazy about it for quite a while now, since I live in Las Vegas, and the heat is near to unbearable. Not to add, I'm sensitive to the sun, so I faint easily. The membership shall start some time in the next few weeks, because this is when Summer starts. That is the first physical thing I willb e doing to change things.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 pm
Until I fully thought it out, I've assumed that I'm of the weight 163. i hope this is correct, but as I've stated, I'm not sure.

I wish to be of 150 or 140lbs. or a pant size 10 by the time I am 16. [Which is August 6th]

I've been trying my best recently to eat extremely healthy.
And since I am a recovering anorexic, or really, some one who has many anorexic tendencies, I am trying to get my appetite back, while still having a good body amount.

I have braces, so for the last three years I've been limited to what I've eaten. I've cut back on carbonated sodas. But, Since as of recent I've gotten much into the "Lolita" sense, I've become much more infatuated with Tea, Water, and other such health related drinks.

Overall, It means I've come to the decision that I'm cutting off sodas. Cold Turkey. :3
Which, as of this time, isn't too hard. and whenever I get a craving, I'll have a sip, or just some water. It's healthier. I hope it helps. :3

SilverShinku

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:06 pm
Definitely don't trust the school's scales :3 They're the same as doctor scales neutral Which means they lie.. they always tell me I'm 10lbs heavier than I really am. After loosing about 20lbs, I had to go to the doctor and the scale said I was still at 150lbs... and I looked at them in disbelief and then looked down at my flat stomach. 5'3" and 150lbs? I don't think so neutral Lol, so don't believe them for a second. They aren't callibrated correctly, which is weird, but I think they do it on purpose to scare people into thinking they're fat beasts. I think they aren't tared, either, so they don't take into account the huge piece of metal you're standing on neutral

heart

I'm recovering, as well, though I was a bullemic and an anorexic, going through real harsh cycles. heart  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:36 pm
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
Definitely don't trust the school's scales :3 They're the same as doctor scales neutral Which means they lie.. they always tell me I'm 10lbs heavier than I really am. After loosing about 20lbs, I had to go to the doctor and the scale said I was still at 150lbs... and I looked at them in disbelief and then looked down at my flat stomach. 5'3" and 150lbs? I don't think so neutral Lol, so don't believe them for a second. They aren't callibrated correctly, which is weird, but I think they do it on purpose to scare people into thinking they're fat beasts. I think they aren't tared, either, so they don't take into account the huge piece of metal you're standing on neutral

heart

I'm recovering, as well, though I was a bullemic and an anorexic, going through real harsh cycles. heart
Mhmm. That makes a lot of sense. ^-^

Ah, well, we can work through this stuff together. heart

SilverShinku

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:52 am
SilverShinku

heart

Mhmm. That makes a lot of sense. ^-^

Ah, well, we can work through this stuff together. heart

A lot of people don't believe me when I say that about scales that the doctor's use. They're supposed to use high end stuff, you know? But their numbers are hard for me to believe when every other scale I've ever been on says the same thing, and then I'm magically 10-15lbs heavier when at the doctors..

Anyway, yes ^^ Though your battle with anorexia is unfortunate, it is comforting to find others who understand the condition and don't just assume it's because we're vein and want to look hot for boys heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:14 pm
I believe, that tomorrow. My parents are checking in on how much we must pay for a gym membership..

Soooo happy <3

SilverShinku

SilverShinku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:12 pm
Gym Membership has been gotten <333333

It lasts for 27 months.

During the summer, I'm going 3 or 4 times a week. :33 <3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:50 pm
Definitely don't trust the school's scales :3 They're the same as doctor scales neutral Which means they lie.. they always tell me I'm 10lbs heavier than I really am. After loosing about 20lbs, I had to go to the doctor and the scale said I was still at 150lbs... and I looked at them in disbelief and then looked down at my flat stomach. 5'3" and 150lbs?

So what scales do you use that are more accurate then at the doctor's office?
The thing to keep in mind when weighing oneself is that a lot of things factor into it. The time of day. The weight of your clothing. Whether or not you are menstrating (you retain a lot of water around that time of the month). What you've had to eat and/or drink. If it is a particularly warm or humid day. And so on and so forth.
Another thing to remember is that pretty much every scale is going to give you a different number. You could put 10 scales in a row and weigh yourself on one after the other after the other (and so forth). You are probably going to get at least 5-8 different weights.
The important thing to do is to weigh yourself on the same scale every time. Whether it is completely accurate or not (I think you are going to have a hard time finding one that is). What's important is the amount of weight you are losing (using the same scale every time) and not what the exact number is.  

Enelya Silimaure

SilverShinku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:08 am
5 lbs Lost o w o ~ <3  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out