Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Is there any way...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:20 pm
Is there any way to lose weight but not gain muscle. I mean I know everyone wants to be strong but I just want to lose weight not gain more muslce if you get what I'm saying?  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:30 pm
Just stray away from higher impact exercise :3

You can still do weight lifting and stuff, just keep it at low weights, like between 2-5lbs :3

Also, on a tredmill, don't be scared to put it on an incline. An incline of 2-4 won't bulk you up :3  

StilettoReject

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:45 pm
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
Just stray away from higher impact exercise :3

You can still do weight lifting and stuff, just keep it at low weights, like between 2-5lbs :3

Also, on a tredmill, don't be scared to put it on an incline. An incline of 2-4 won't bulk you up :3

Thank you so much!  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:00 pm
When lifting weights or working out, go for low-intensity and low-resistance, but go for a longer time or more repetitions. That is, instead of lifting 25 pounds 10 times, lift 5 pounds 50 times. Work for flexibility and endurance. You'll be building lean muscle instead of bulky muscle, so you'll look smaller/thinner. Also, spend 15 minutes stretching before and after any workout; you'll elongate your muscles so that they'll be long and stretchy and thin instead of stubby and bulky.

But don't be afraid of building muscle. Muscle burns fat more efficiently than anything else in your body, so the more muscle you have, the faster you'll lose weight.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games