Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Lunch menus (so difficult to resist)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

II Laniakea II

Mega Duck

12,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:18 pm
ok at my school, we have a deli bar where we can have our sandwiches custom made. there is-
ham salad
chicken salad
--mayo
--ranch (different flavorings)
ham
bolagna
roast beef
seafood salad
turkey
tuna salad

there's also Bacon, but what's that going to help? ><

i think turkey is the best one to choose, since it's not really fatty at all.
but what about cheese ><
provolone or american? none (please GOD no, i luff my cheese!)?
and what breading? bulky roll or wrap?
wrap kinds are white, wheat, spinach, tomato, potato and pepper.
with a bulky roll i'd be less tempted to stack as much things in it as possible (it's really hard to hold them ><) but i'd think i'd lose of nutrition that i'd get with a tomato wrap/wheat wrap.

it's so tempting.
i know i'm going to sut my 2 mayo packs (like a TS of mayo each packet) to one and ask for less meat than usual.

i've been indulging on the bacon with mayo (omg fatty yet so good crying ) and i really need to stop. even though i've been walking almost everyday for about 30 minutes (about 2 miles, i walk fast for a girl that's only 5 feet tall), i've gained a little.

NO MORE, byebye bacon and that extra serving of pudding.
i'm going to miss you v.v

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:35 pm
Turkey wrap on whole wheat or spinach wrap. Ask for provolone, but ask if they'll only put half as much on; it's very fatty (but not as fatty as American). Also, use mustard and avoid mayonnaise. Most of the ones called "salad" are basically meat, seasonings, and mayonnaise, and mayonnaise is very fatty too. Also, ask for extra lettuce or tomato on the wrap. Also, pack a piece of fruit or two every day, and eat that if you're hungry before lunch or during the mid-afternoon on your way home from school.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:19 pm
Divash
Turkey wrap on whole wheat or spinach wrap. Ask for provolone, but ask if they'll only put half as much on; it's very fatty (but not as fatty as American). Also, use mustard and avoid mayonnaise. Most of the ones called "salad" are basically meat, seasonings, and mayonnaise, and mayonnaise is very fatty too. Also, ask for extra lettuce or tomato on the wrap. Also, pack a piece of fruit or two every day, and eat that if you're hungry before lunch or during the mid-afternoon on your way home from school.

You seem knowledgeable on cheeses, what are the best ones te eat in general?

(Please say swiss, it's my favorite ;_; )  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:02 am
Non-fat or low-fat cheeses (which say Low-Fat or Non-Fat on the label) are the best, of course. If NONE of the cheeses you can find say Low-Fat or Non-Fat on the label, go for parmesan over mozzarella, mozzarella over cheddar, cheddar over chavrie or chevre. Parmesan has more flavor so you'll need to use less to make your food taste cheesy; mozzarella has less fat in general than cheddar, and cheddar has less than chavrie or chevre (goat cheese). You can often find non-fat feta cheese, too.

One trick I've learned is that if you think you want a lot of cheese, you probably don't. A tiny sprinkling of low-fat or non-fat mozzarella (say, one ounce) on your pizza, plus a tablespoon or less of (low-fat, if possible) parmesan cheese, will probably be enough. That's because the mozzarella will give you the stringy cheese look and feel, but the parmesan packs a lot of flavor, so you'll get both flavor and feel. This can be done in less than two ounces of cheese, whereas if you use mozzarella only, it'll take almost twice that much to make the pizza (or sandwich) taste the way you want.

Also, you might try using grated cheese instead of sliced. It'll cover more territory. An ounce of grated cheese can cover an entire sandwich or pizza slice, while sliced cheese will take about four ounces.

Finally, think about sprinkling brewer's yeast onto things instead of, or in addition to, cheese. It has a very cheesy taste, though not that stringy, runny texture that's so appealing. It's also very low in calories, and high in vitamins. I have managed to make an entire pizza with something like four ounces of grated mozzarella, one ounce of grated parmesan, and a couple ounces/tablespoons of brewer's yeast. Delicious.  

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:59 pm
Thanks again! Divash, are you a nutritionist or something? eek  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:28 pm
Go for low-fat over non-fat :3 While non-fat will, of course, have no grams of fat in it, it will be loaded with a bunch of other stuff that's not that great for you. Low-fat will be tons lower in fat than reduced fat (reduced fat only being ~25% less fatty than the original product), and it isn't loaded with other stuff. Non-fat may contain no fat, but they've got to make it taste good some how, you know? :3

Also, always go with whole wheat bread (if you're going to use bread over a wrap or something)!

And just try not to make like... layers and layers of stuff ^^ Keep it simple. Try an open face sandwich sometimes :3 What most people don't notice is that one serving only equal one slice of bread x3  

StilettoReject

Divash
Vice Captain

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:09 pm
__penguin__
Thanks again! Divash, are you a nutritionist or something? eek

No, but I've been a Weight Watcher for a year, and have taken nutrition classes, and done a LOT of research. Stuff sinks in, after a while. smile I've been struggling with my weight since I was about 10 years old, so I've had to learn rather a lot.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games