Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply Other Music Discussion
Meg & Dia!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roses, roses, cold
  Roses, roses, sold out
View Results

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wikipedia - Meg & Dia
Meg & Dia self-released their debut album, Our Home Is Gone, in 2005, which featured a mostly acoustic style of music, and toured extensively in support of it, sharing stages with such national acts as Limbeck, The Format, Melee, An Angle, Koufax, and Steel Train.

In the fall of 2005 they signed to Doghouse Records, and in January 2006 recorded a second album, Something Real, with producer Stacy Jones of American Hi-Fi. As a teaser for the album, Meg & Dia released an EP titled What Is It? A Fender Bender, on both iTunes and the Tower Records website in July of 2006. What Is It? A Fender Bender featured Monster and Indiana, and would also be part of their upcoming album. That album was soon-after released on August 08, 2006. Something Real is made up both new works and some re-written versions of previous songs.

As of February 19, 2007, it is confirmed that Meg & Dia have signed a deal with Warner Brothers records.

Meg & Dia played alongside Anberlin, Jonezetta, and Bayside on a national tour in early 2007.

The newly released TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) film features their song Roses on its soundtrack.

The band has gained in popularity after self-promotion via MySpace.com; they were selected as the official MySpace band on the Warped Tour 2006. They were also included in the '100 Bands You Need To Know In 2006' in the April 2006 edition of Alternative Press magazine. They are slated to be in the 2007 Warped Tour as well.

Amazing, these girls are, and I kind of love them more because they're half-asian, because usually I don't go for the asian people. At all. And this is coming from the mouth of an asian.

And if you haven't listened to them, SHAME ON YOU. scream

MySpace
PureVolume  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:35 am
I've never heard of them before, but they sound good. surprised The lead vocalist. reminds me of the lead vocalist of Flyleaf.

PrimeRibby
Captain

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:33 am
Yay! :3

Too bad I didn't know about them earlier, because they came to my city a couple of times and I could have gone to see them. crying

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:13 pm
I've had that feeling before. surprised Like, Panic! for instance. After I became obsessed with them, I found out that they played at a venue that was only about an hour away from where I live. I was...kinda pissed. xD But, in the end, driving three hours across the state was totally worth it.

PrimeRibby
Captain

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:53 am
Jeez.
I love your parents.
crying heart

I still haven't found out how to tell my mom about Paramore yet.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:53 pm
Haha, I keep everything a secret from my parents.
The only thing they know about is my secret Harry Potter obsession.
And that's probably it.
xd  

Bilvy

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:51 pm
jenny without sound
Jeez.
I love your parents.
crying heart

I still haven't found out how to tell my mom about Paramore yet.

Write it out in a really long letter.
And leave it by dishes you washed. xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:54 pm
I love Meg and Dia...especially their song "Monsters" 3nodding

GoodbyeLights

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:17 am
One of my friends likes them a lot. I think they're good, but I don't really like them that much for some reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:21 pm
omg, now I'm addicted to Meg & Dia.

I'm trying to do a cover of "Monster", so far. I realize I need vocal and guitar lessons xd

GoodbyeLights

Other Music Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff