Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
Humans don't want to be treated like dogs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christizzle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:50 pm
I think treating dogs like fashion accessories is total bullshit. I cringe every time I see some paris hiltonish b***h with a dressed up chihuaha in their purse.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 am
I agree. I mean, dogs are intelligent beings. We spent thousands of years making them the perfect companion for humans. And now we put them in our purses. It's stupid. I also agree about the acessory thing. A raincoat is good, and so is a winter sweater for a thin-coated dog. I even put a red bandana around my labrador's neck. But putting a diamond studded collar, high-end fashion jacket, and skirt on a dog is just cruel and degrading.  

Tangerine_Monster

Azulona

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:42 am

I don't agree with your first sentence, to a certain extent.
I have a boxer, and they are known for wanting to be a part of the family. If I was treated half as good as my dog was, I'd be ecstatic. We don't put him in spandex and all of that, but he DOES get very cold in the winter which means we have to have a sweater on him. He actually likes it. If he's cold he'll go get the sweater and bring it to us, and when he wants to go outside.
Now, when I lived in Alaska, we HAD to make our husky wear shoes. It was a must and he didn't even mind them. Of course they weren't like high heels and s**t but it protected his feet.
Now I know we had reasons for doing all this, but if the clothing is functional and the dog actually likes it, I don't see the big deal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:46 pm
m o n t e l i m a r

I have a boxer, and they are known for wanting to be a part of the family. If I was treated half as good as my dog was, I'd be ecstatic. We don't put him in spandex and all of that, but he DOES get very cold in the winter which means we have to have a sweater on him. He actually likes it. If he's cold he'll go get the sweater and bring it to us, and when he wants to go outside.
Now, when I lived in Alaska, we HAD to make our husky wear shoes. It was a must and he didn't even mind them. Of course they weren't like high heels and s**t but it protected his feet.
Now I know we had reasons for doing all this, but if the clothing is functional and the dog actually likes it, I don't see the big deal.

All dogs want to be a part of the family, dogs were domesticated to live among humans and assist with hunting and to protect humans. And eventually they became more valued for their companionship and thus the term "man's best friend". Your dogs sees you and your family as its 'pack', but treating your dog like a human is not right, they're dogs and need to be respected as such.

I didn't know you had to make huskies wear shoes, they're an arctic breed and are built to survive cold temperatures and the tundra, but I don't know your dogs situation so I can't really judge.
I agree though, sweaters on dogs can serve their purpose, especially if it's a breed that was meant to live in warmer climates. Like greyhounds. I see sweaters on greyhounds all the time because they have tight, thin skin and were meant to live in hot temps, but if you live in a colder area.. yeah that causes problems.
It's when dumb blondes dress their dogs up in little tutus to get attention. Dogs are pets, not fashion accessories.  

Christizzle

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:57 am
Racookie
stokedRedRaspberry
WHUTT. D<
marrying their dogs!

absurd, bebeh!
i've heard of cats being put in glass bottles. so they'd end up bonsai!
OMG i saw the website where theyn sell them, and i signed the petition to stop it.it's so cruel, they get fed with a straw

You're great at reading other posts, that was a hoax you idiot rolleyes

When we had Kohle, he LOVED to be dressed up. He would, literally, walk into my sister's room and start to dig around in her clothes, take out her basketball uniform, and walk up to her with it. I hate when people treat dogs as accessories. I also HATEHATEHATE when people refuse to discipline their animals and pretend that it's okay that they're aloud to eat with you at the table. NONONONONONONO. This dog is being taught that one, he can eat what he wants (and a lot of foods prepared for human consumption aren't healthy for dogs.) when he wants, he's not the leader, and that his people "love him".  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:33 am
Christizzle
m o n t e l i m a r

All dogs want to be a part of the family, dogs were domesticated to live among humans and assist with hunting and to protect humans. And eventually they became more valued for their companionship and thus the term "man's best friend". Your dogs sees you and your family as its 'pack', but treating your dog like a human is not right, they're dogs and need to be respected as such.

I didn't know you had to make huskies wear shoes, they're an arctic breed and are built to survive cold temperatures and the tundra, but I don't know your dogs situation so I can't really judge.
I agree though, sweaters on dogs can serve their purpose, especially if it's a breed that was meant to live in warmer climates. Like greyhounds. I see sweaters on greyhounds all the time because they have tight, thin skin and were meant to live in hot temps, but if you live in a colder area.. yeah that causes problems.
It's when dumb blondes dress their dogs up in little tutus to get attention. Dogs are pets, not fashion accessories.

Yes, I know they need to be respected. I meant more among the lines of 'we don't just put him in the yard with a bowl and fill it up everyone once and awhile.' He still goes places and what not with us. I don't agree when people feed their dogs human food, and lets them just s**t at the table, on furniture, etc. That's when you are just crossing the line of dog/man.

Well, they mostly had to wear them in the winter. It was part of the law where I lived, if you had a dog you had to put booties on them, so their toes wouldn't get frost-bitten. I know dogs in the Iditarod wear shoes, since they use them throughout, and don't want the snow to build up in their feet or freeze them.

Azulona

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:43 pm
m o n t e l i m a r
Christizzle
m o n t e l i m a r

Yes, I know they need to be respected. I meant more among the lines of 'we don't just put him in the yard with a bowl and fill it up everyone once and awhile.' He still goes places and what not with us. I don't agree when people feed their dogs human food, and lets them just s**t at the table, on furniture, etc. That's when you are just crossing the line of dog/man.

Well, they mostly had to wear them in the winter. It was part of the law where I lived, if you had a dog you had to put booties on them, so their toes wouldn't get frost-bitten. I know dogs in the Iditarod wear shoes, since they use them throughout, and don't want the snow to build up in their feet or freeze them.

For a while, I was very deeply fascinated with dog sledding, so maybe I can shed a tad on dog booties :3

First, ice. That s**t can cut your paws up FAST. Then, you got a dog running and bleeding, and that's generally not too good of an idea.

As Monte said, snow building and freezing are also no-nos.

The paws of a dogs feet are sensitive. My own dog will trot out in winter, roll around and have a jolly time in the snow. Cold? Nope. Except for her feet. She'll sit on a patch of ice, since that's all our driveway is in winter, and try to keep her paws off of the ground. Ir's humorous, yes, but also a clear indicator that it's time to bring her in. She doesn't like boots, so we can't do much with that :3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:38 pm
I'll admit. My old roommate and I really want to get her rottweiler mix a black, Harley Davidson jacket and spike collar. We think he'd look really handsome in it. xd
The great part? He's in training to be a therapy dog, and the only reason he's not certified yet is because she doesn't know what the certification process in Washington state is (she just moved there) and doesn't have time right now. He's the sweetest, most well-behaved dog I've ever known.

He's not a fashion accessory though. Right now, he's the best and only friend she has in a new town.  

AriaStarSong

Irational_Angel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:57 pm
I too am against putting clothes on dogs, my family though puts a sweater onmy dog because she has light fur and will freeze in the cold (I live in the south, so it doesn't get that cold but it get to about 27 * F). That is the only case it okay to DRESS a dog. I've seen people with their dogs *in the summer* in sweaters and thick doggy bags! Really do they need all that during the Summer? Of all the seasons to dress their dogs, Summer really? Wow people are so stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:58 pm
AriaStarSong
I'll admit. My old roommate and I really want to get her rottweiler mix a black, Harley Davidson jacket and spike collar. We think he'd look really handsome in it. xd
The great part? He's in training to be a therapy dog, and the only reason he's not certified yet is because she doesn't know what the certification process in Washington state is (she just moved there) and doesn't have time right now. He's the sweetest, most well-behaved dog I've ever known.

He's not a fashion accessory though. Right now, he's the best and only friend she has in a new town.

www.deltasociety.org

I live in Washington and went through this program, I highly recommend it. They have workshops/classes just about every week.

Also, look into 'reading with rover' that is a very rewarding experience. It all is.  

Christizzle

AriaStarSong

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:09 am
Christizzle
AriaStarSong

www.deltasociety.org

I live in Washington and went through this program, I highly recommend it. They have workshops/classes just about every week.

Also, look into 'reading with rover' that is a very rewarding experience. It all is.
Thanks!

The reading to dogs programs are what she really wants to do, but she's not sure how well it will work with her work schedule. I'll send the link along to her though.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:30 am
AriaStarSong
Christizzle
AriaStarSong

www.deltasociety.org

Thanks!

The reading to dogs programs are what she really wants to do, but she's not sure how well it will work with her work schedule. I'll send the link along to her though.

You're very welcome! I'm happy to help.  

Christizzle

finalfantasyfreak1O1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:24 pm
I agree with not dressing up a dog and useing them for fashion models and for outfits but before i moved i had a beutiful red siberian husky and he was treated like part of the familly and so was my cat.
They had their own stocking for X-mas.
Also i put bones shaped like candycanes on the tree for him and the cat had cat treats shaped like candycanes on the tree.
I put toys and treats in the stockings, they had their own presents under the tree and my parents would write from Altion (my dog's name) or from Graceie (my cat;s name) on some of the presents.
He would also talk.
He allways would tell people he loved them and he could say car ride, outside, and walk.
He loved going in the car.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:25 pm
Ophrysia
I hate it, too. They're living creatures, not fashion accessories. D:<

It's not a problem if the clothing serves a purpose. Like sweaters for little dogs to keep them warm, bulletproof vests for police dogs, etc. Even a simple dog shirt or a Halloween costume of some kind is fine, as long as they aren't too outrageous and the dog doesn't have a problem with it. Some dogs don't mind it at all, and some dogs even like it.

But if they don't want to wear it, then don't make them. End of story.

It's when they get into the crazy outfits, dyed fur, and shoes (seriously, what the hell?)... that it really starts to irritate me.

In my opinion, shoes are okay in some situations. For example, if someone had a dog with shaved feet (like in poodles) and took it to a really cold snowy place.

I''m not saying all dogs should where shoes if they're in snow. I know some breeds, like huskies, have feet made for snow.  

BlissfulCalamity

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:48 am
Bahaha, I'm probably going to end up making something for either my dog or my cat, or just buying one. I know I said I didn't like it, but when my dog starts to get sorta poky on her walk, that means that the wind is beginning to penetrate her incredibly thick and incredibly warm fur. My cat is dead set on going outside sweatdrop

And little shirts with sayings is cute. Full out garb, not as much. As long as the animal is obviously not distressed, it's alright.  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff