Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Statistical Anomaly's Journal

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Statistical Anomaly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:27 pm
Well, now that graduation festivities are finally over (I graduated from college!), I can get down to business. I think that being held accountable for this whole thing, even if it's just in an online journal, will help me really stick to it.

Why do I want to lose weight, you ask? I have three main reasons.

1. Health. My joints and heart would be much happier if I lost some more weight. Plus, I'd be lowering my risk for several weight-related diseases.

2. Athletics. I play sports, and it'd be great to be able to keep up with my more athletic friends, and have fun while doing it.

3. Looks. Yeah, I admit it, I'm a bit vain. I'm going to be in my friend's wedding next year, and I have to wear a dress. And, if I have to wear a dress in front of tons of people I don't really know, I want to look good in it. Besides, I'm tired of being "the fat one".

I plan to accomplish my goal through a combination of good ol' diet and exercise.

My diet will be what I like to call the grazing diet: eating less more often. Specifically, instead of three large meals, I will eat 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day, spaced approximately 3-5 hours apart (except for a longer gap at night). I plan to eat mainly low-fat, high protein foods, such as tuna and chicken, as well as some fat-free dairy, whole grain carbs, and fruits and veggies. Lots of water as well, no less than 80oz per day.

My exercise routine will consist of 6-7 days of cardio per week, with three days of weightlifting. I already have a weightlifting routine in place. It consists of a basic set of 10 or so exercises performed at different weights and repetitions over 6 separate days (2 weeks); I monitor my performance in that aspect via a spreadsheet. Cardio exercises tend to be done using the elliptical machine (to preserve my knees), but I do go jogging and play sports from time to time.

At this time, I know I want to lose weight, but since I'm lifting weights, that might not be the best indicator of progress. So, I will provide weekly weights and measurements to track my progress in multiple ways.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:40 pm
Week 1, Day 1: 4-29-07

Food eaten:
Apple cinnamon oatmeal and an orange
Mozzarella cheesestick and whole wheat crackers
Deli Oven-roasted turkey breast (8 slices) and more of the crackers
1 can tuna, lettuce, no-fat italian dressing
apple

Water drank:
>80oz

Exercise:
45 minutes elliptical: (4 min @ med. intensity, 1 min high intensity)x9; 750 cal

Notes:
Not too bad for the first day. I also managed to ward off temptations of pretzels and ice cream, so yay for that.

Measurements:
Weight: 203
Waist: 33in
R Arm(Bicep): 13.25in
L Arm: 13.5in
Hips: 42in
R Thigh: 25in
L Thigh: 25in
R Calf: 17.25in
L Calf: 17.25in  

Statistical Anomaly

Statistical Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:40 pm
Week 1, Day 2: 4-30-07

Food eaten:
Fat-free yogurt with raisin bran as granola
1 can tuna fish and some crackers
More of those crackers (2 "meals")
Chicken and veggie stir fry
Apple

Water drank:
~80 oz

Exercise:
Routine 1.1 of weightlifting, 30 min cardio (500 cal)

Notes:
I like those crackers too much. But, they're whole grain, at least, and no artificial crap.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:32 pm
Week 1, Day 3: 5-1-07

Food eaten:
Granola bar and an orange
1 rice cake, can of Progresso chicken soup
Apple
Heath bar sad
Crackers and craisins
Chicken stir fry

Water drank:
>80 oz

Exercise:
1hr elliptical machine: 975cal

Notes:
Pretty good today, except for that cursed Heath bar. I blame my hormones.  

Statistical Anomaly

Statistical Anomaly

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:35 pm
Week 1, Day 4: 5-2-07

Food eaten:
Fat-free yogurt with cranberries added
cheesestick
tunafish and crackers
chicken and a salad (lettuce and fat-free Italian dressing)
cookies sweatdrop
an orange, and some baby kosher dill pickles

Water drank:
~70 oz

Exercise:
Lifting routine 1.2; 30 min elliptical (500 cal); 1 hr tennis

Notes:
Curse you, girl scout cookies! Otherwise, not too bad of a day. Good thing I exercised a bit more than usual, maybe that'll help cancel out my cookie eating.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games