Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I need help with my wicca web site

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Victorie Rose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:17 pm
I meet soooo many people that are interested Wicca or are Wiccan and want to know more and learn the truth...... I have decided to make a part of my personal web page a Wiccan Info site..... But I need more info.....

Part of my site that need help:
The beginning and History of Wicca
Magic in Wicca
Where do I start?
What do I need?
Lore
Spells
Rituals
Magical names

Anything else would be appreciated.....

Thank you!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:08 am
From a programmer's perspective, I wonder why you'd want to reinvent the wheel. Why not link to some of the more prominent pages about factual Wiccan information, perhaps direct some of your visitors to Gardner, Hutton, et al?  

Henry Dorsett Case

Victorie Rose

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:14 pm
idk... alot of sites out there are complete fluffy  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:43 pm
Victorie Rose

Seeing as Wicca is largely a Mystery religion, how much are you really going to be able to put on a website?  

maenad nuri
Captain

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:31 am
Nuri
Victorie Rose

Seeing as Wicca is largely a Mystery religion, how much are you really going to be able to put on a website?

That was going to be my question as well. Especially about the rituals.

The history is open season, but other than that, how much could you really say?  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:49 am
There are some not-fluffy ones, to be sure. It just might take a little digging.

And besides, I think it would be better if you just talked to those people instead. Websites are nice and all (I guess), but there's a lot to be said for talking to people and answering their questions and shattering misconceptions that way.  

Annalixa

Victorie Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:49 pm
Annalixa
There are some not-fluffy ones, to be sure. It just might take a little digging.

And besides, I think it would be better if you just talked to those people instead. Websites are nice and all (I guess), but there's a lot to be said for talking to people and answering their questions and shattering misconceptions that way.

I do talk to them but its nice having a place to send them so i don't get completely stalked by them.....  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:00 pm
Victorie Rose
Annalixa

I do talk to them but its nice having a place to send them so i don't get completely stalked by them.....
I'd suggest Wicca: For the Rest of Us and perhaps Teampall na Calleighe for starters; both of those sites contain a good bit of information, and there's also the added benefit of not ever saying "If you want the real information, look at my website" - a phrase that tends to set up mental blocks.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Victorie Rose

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm
thank you!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:39 am
Quote:
I'd suggest Wicca: For the Rest of Us and perhaps Teampall na Calleighe for starters; both of those sites contain a good bit of information, and there's also the added benefit of not ever saying "If you want the real information, look at my website" - a phrase that tends to set up mental blocks.

I don't know... I do that a lot. But it's not actually my site, I just admin on there. And most of the information on the site was not posted by me. And it's not just Wiccan. So... erm yeah... smile  

Kaylara-Nightshade

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:04 am
Henry Dorsett Case

Teampall na Calleighe is the Bones site but they have moved on to progressive witchcraft ( what ever that means ) and not Wicca.

http://www.thewica.co.uk/ is a good site.

I can understand why someone would want to have a all the info they can get on one website but ever stop to think that this may in fact be a disservice to those seeking thier spiritual path ?

It is an adventure, a learning process and part of a persons journey and development.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games