Submit

MistressOfTheShadows

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:47 pm
Soul Reapers are already spirits, but from what I've seen/heard in the anime/manga they can get hungry, get sick, get hurt, even get killed. So, I wondered to myself what happens when they die (from execution for crimes like Rukia almost did, in battle like Kaien did, from sickness like Ukitake might in the future crying ect.) as I wondered... I stumbled unto a theory (& fell on my arse j/k) xd

*ahem* My theory is about Kaien Shiba & Ichigo Kurosaki. I believe Ichigo to be Kaien Shiba reincarnated for the following reasons:

1. Kaien was an upbeat and kind, young man who treated all his subordinates equally, though his initial introduction depicted him as rough-mannered. He was shown to be easily annoyed, but usually because he felt others were putting themselves down unnecessarily (e.g. Rukia Kuchiki) or because of Sentaro Kotsubaki and Kiyone Kotetsu's antics. He was a father/older brother figure to Rukia. He was also a prodigy amongst shinigami; graduating from a six year curriculum in just one year and becoming a lieutenant five years after.

^ similar personality to Ichigo + that he was a prodigy could link to Ichigos natural soul reaping talent & ability to see ghost (which may be traits from his past life)

2. In terms of appearance, and in some cases, personality, Kaien had an uncanny resemblance to the series' protagonist, Ichigo Kurosaki. Kaien's hair is spiky, long in the back, and black. (resemblance may have been why Rukia gave him her powers & seems to have affection for him)

User Image Kaien Shiba

User Image Ichigo Kurosaki

(predicts that Ukitake may pick Ichigo as his new lieutenant)

information source http://www.answers.com/topic/kaien-shiba

Things to discuss:

My theory: possible holes in my theory, things that support it, ect.

Is there life after death after life after death?: If no why? If yes which one of my theories do you believe? If none of mine make up your own theory and explain it?

Anime/Manga Spoilers: post any spoilers you know that prove or disprove me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:28 pm
Total Spoilers! In one of the more recent chapters of bleach, the following has been explained:
Kaien's fiance was killed by a hollow that had been tormenting the soul society. Ukitake, Rukia and Kaien run off to kill it. Kaien fights it alone. The hollow breaks his zanpakutou and takes control of Kaien's body. Rukia kills Kaien and his spirit disappears. When Rukia goes to hueco mundo Kaien appears to be one of the espada. It turns out that the Hollow that killed him had absorbed his soul and memories and could even take on his shape. Rukia kills the hollow for sure this time and passes out.
I can't remember if Rukia survives the battle or not. But since this takes place long after Ichigo is born it is safe to assume that he is not Kaien's reincarnation.  

Ladensparrow

RabidAnt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:59 pm
Further spoilers!

Kaien shows up again of a sport in Heuco Mondo (sp?) as an Arrancar. So no, Ichigo cannot be Kaien as Kaien's spirit was devoured by the Arrancar.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:21 pm
RabidAnt
Further spoilers!

Kaien shows up again of a sport in Heuco Mondo (sp?) as an Arrancar. So no, Ichigo cannot be Kaien as Kaien's spirit was devoured by the Arrancar.

ah, but it could be that it was not completly... perhaps the personallity & heart within the soul was freed when he was killed the first time & only his memories and "spirit body" remained with the hallow... With just those it could mimic him without having his complete soul.  

MistressOfTheShadows

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500

spixie09

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:50 am
MistressOfTheShadows
RabidAnt
Further spoilers!

ah, but it could be that it was not completly... perhaps the personallity & heart within the soul was freed when he was killed the first time & only his memories and "spirit body" remained with the hallow... With just those it could mimic him without having his complete soul.

chances are no. i mean.. it's possible that some parts of him escaped, but it's more likely that, due to ichigo's birth date and the occurance of the events, the similarities are more coincidence than fate  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:12 pm
This. Would have been interesting if they went the reincarnation route though.  

RabidAnt

RanpuKuroTenshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:37 am
Even if Ichigo and Kaien have the same appearance and personality, I doubt that Ichigo is an reincarnation of Kaien.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:59 am
no doubt Ichigo and Kaien are similar to each other in one way or another,but they are still 2 different individual.  

xXI Hisa IXx

Mariana Nez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:45 am
in manga i accidentaly think that kaien is ichigo..
but i think they both are different person..  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:05 pm
There's definitely a lot of resemblance between the two characters, but its just that: resemblance. It was that resemblance that made Rukia so ... amicable to Ichigo. However, even if he was reincarnated, personality traits are not reincarnated, neither are facial features. If Ichigo WAS a reincarnation of Kaien, he would look and act vastly different than Kaien. Oh and as far as his power goes POTENTIAL SPOILER Ichigo's father was a Shinigami Captain who gave up his powers and became human (Somehow) because he fell in love with a human woman, Ichigo's mom. His incredible reiatsu is the source of Ichigo's power/the reason why Ichigo was a prodigy. But quite frankly, he's not very "prodigy"-like. He's just extremely powerful. He has no talent with controlling reiatsu at all, something Ishida Uryuu has in spades. Power=Prodigy, Skill=Prodigy. END SPOILER  

MagusCaeruleus

Specific Anime/Manga Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff