Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asian Smartness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krnyuj1022

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:49 am
omgosh i kno how u feel!!~ >< i had a A- on my test an then i heard her murmer * are u stupid?* and i think did u do any better??? yea well i hate that it makes mer want to scream and like litterally like kick my bed to the sealing...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:57 am
lets see..my mom always says...
B: u got to get an A
B+: u can't even get an A-,A
A-: it's still not an A, u gotta try harder
A: u need to get an A+, still
A+: u must keep it this way

lol lol  

anniebananie123

Valentina Ambrosia Dizon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:17 pm
We're asian.
It happen to the majority of us, with those lucky asians who are exceptions, but yes.....it happens to alot of us.

It's mainly because we're asian.
It's basically it.
High standards...><  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:07 pm
My parents have been strict, but not too strict. My mom expects me to continue to get A's and B's but if I get a C, she will FREAK and start lecturing me (along with my dad) about the importance of not having a bad education or something....
They still don't want me to be a writer, because it involves being lazy since you don't need to go to college in order to be a good writer. It's really annoying.
sweatdrop

Mrs Cottontail

asiannerd27

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:24 pm
I ALWAYS TRY 2 GET A's CUZ IM SCARED OF MY PARENTS!! AND IF I SAY I TRIED, THEY'LL JUST SAY U DIDNT TRY HARD ENOUGH!! BUT TO THEM A B's STILL OKAY...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:33 am
My 'rents never get mad at me. If i get one F, they won't get mad at me.

But if I'm always failing they will get at me. DX

But i'm usually an A or B student. `=D

xITS OK IM A NINJAx

xo mandie pandie xo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:51 pm
well y parents dont get mad at me when i get bad grades....hmm, prolly, cuz i dont but they dont care as long as i try my hardest!
even tho i'm asian my parents arent that strict. [sometimes i cant spell tho so forgive my errors]  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:57 pm
ya know what, if they wanted us to be so smart, they should have stayed in asia!!! since WE won't be as distracted lol...  

Rekindled Spirit

xXlils_toushiroXx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:10 am
yea my 'rents aren't thats strict...they used to when i was like a straight A student in grammar school and i got my first D in school when i skipped a grade...but as i got older they didn't have to worry so much...i get A' && B's i got a C in two classes first semester and all i had to do was explain that it was an AP class and that it's basically a B in regular classes and my mom got over it [try harder next time] my dad was a bit more difficult [you've been spending too much time chatting again] im 17 now my younger 14 yr old sister gets straight A's all focus on grades is on her now [heehee im happy its away from me now]

o yea my rents motivate our higher grades through money $5 bucks an A now thats how you get good grades  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:21 pm
yes, that is what they do.. but they dont yell at me if i get a A-, only anything below it, but they still say " try harder next time"  

Domuchu The Chocobo

azngurlmuimui

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:40 pm
asian parents seem to have higher expectations of their children. (this is most at least).

I guess it's because they've been a lot in their time.

My parents use to get on me for not getting A's. But since I'm in a University now that is pretty difficult and packed with other asians, the competitions is much harder to get an A. So they're just happy if I get a B now... even though I'm personally not >.<  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff