DR490N
CrimsonThanatos
I like that interview also, because it proves Goth isn't all morbid and dark ALL the time, and we do have senses of humor. XD

i think most of us that are real goths laugh at morbidity. i for one found the whole virginia tech thing to be hilarious, mostly because of the stupidity of people. "whats this? a guy with a gun? i think i'll let him shoot me!" HIT THE GROUND YOU STUPID ********! USE A CORPSE AS A SHIELD AND GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO BREAK THAT ******** NECK!

Dragon, please stop try to play the "sadist". You don't pull it off well, and you're being childish with your callousness. If you're trying to shock people, congratulations, you've shocked and angered the masses. Let it go. Bringing it up in an unrelated topic is very immature. Also, I very much doubt you would "use a corpse as a shield and break that ******** neck" in such a situation. Human beings are irrational creatures, and bullets can get through bodies if the gunman is close enough to you.

On topic:

Quote:
SAVAGE: Obviously the inspiration for the genre goes back to Gothic romanticism, the idea of dehumanization caused by the industrial revolution. The archetype for all this is Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. The monster was a metaphor for the relationships between youth and the people and forces that shape them, and that was a very attractive notion to the goths.

I think that is a really good way to describe the origin of Goth; the article itself is very interesting.